Rancho Santiago Community College District
Salary Range: Grade 19: $88,012.91 - $112,417.79/year
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: CL22-00254-1
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Division: Educational Services
ABOUT RANCHO SANTIAGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is one of the most established districts in the state and has been in operation for nearly 50 years. Located in the heart of Orange County, it is one of the largest of California's 72 community college districts, based on the number of credit and non-credit students.RSCCD encompasses 25 percent of Orange County's total area and serves a population of more than 700,000 residents in the communities of Anaheim Hills, Orange, Santa Ana, Villa Park, and portions of Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Tustin, and Yorba Linda. The District includes Santiago Canyon College and Santa Ana College, as well as the Centennial and Orange Continuing Education Centers, the Digital Media Center, Joint Powers Fire Training Center, the Orange County Sheriff's Regional Training Academy, the College and Workforce Preparation Center, and the District Operations Center. RSCCD's three (3) auxiliary Foundations are actively involved in supporting both community and campus programs. POSITION OVERVIEW
Under minimum direction, applies user interface/experience principles to design, maintain, and modify websites and related content to ensure that they are easy to understand, navigate and use; implements web based systems, content management systems and strategies related to internal and external websites in adherence with design standards and specifications; provides support, training, and service to content editors. May collaborate with marketing and publications teams in their digital marketing and publication efforts. Assumes and performs related duties and responsibilities as required. This position reports to the designated Information Technology Services supervisor or administrator. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Conceptualizes and implements engaging, intuitive, and user-friendly website designs to enhance user experience and advance marketing and public relations' initiatives.
- Develops, designs and optimizes visual imagery, creates original graphics and icons for digital marketing efforts and websites that adhere to branding standards.
- May design marketing landing pages and provide layout and editing assistance for departmental web pages.
- Provides first-level technical support for websites and content management interfaces.
- Teaches web skills and trains content editors, owners and authors on accessibility standards.
- Serves as liaison with graphic artists and vendors in the design and development of websites and web campaigns.
- Ensures websites meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Uses accessibility testing tools to identify and resolve accessibility issues.
- Designs and maintains site architecture, navigational user interfaces and structures, pages and tools.
- Recommends configuration standards.
- Determines and implements design parameters, style guides and visual standards.
- Incorporates graphic user interface (GUI) features on websites.
- Converts submitted materials to web documents, creates product graphic sketches, designs and copies layouts for online content as required.
- May determine size and arrangement of illustrative material, size and style of type and arrange layout based upon available space; publishes content to the web.
- Enables content owner editing options and provides oversight on the design of web pages.
- Coordinates with site content owners, authors and contributors to design and deliver website structures, creative concepts, and visual displays for websites and digital marketing efforts.
- Presents a consistent visual image on the web by establishing and maintaining design guidelines, standards and best practices, including coding and maintenance using HTML, CSS, responsive design, modem coding languages, image archives and other modern coding technologies as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the marketing team in search engine optimization (SEO), web forms, chat features and other functions that enhance user experience.
- Communicates design ideas using process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Coordinates as appropriate with back-end developers to ensure web and application logic is properly integrated.
- Promotes file-naming standards so published files can be migrated to multiple platforms.
- Collaborates with other web support and ITS staff to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of websites and content management system.
- Principles and applications of website design, including site responsiveness, web browsing and enhancement tools and applications, contemporary web authoring tools, web scripting languages, web server functions, configuration tools and procedures.
- Understanding of web-based and Content Management Systems; methods and techniques of editing, publishing, granting access and modifying web content; cross browser compatibility and cross platform issues.
- Knowledge of the principles of graphic layout, web design, color, typography, search engine optimization (SEO), User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) design, accessibility, ADA requirements and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Understanding of modern computer graphics design, video, multimedia and animation tools for web and mobile design, layout and aesthetic design principles.
- Excellent English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Design, implement, and maintain a Content Management System.
- Create and maintain both static and database driven web pages; ensure that applicable standards such as HTML validity and link liveliness are met.
- Collaborate with management and team members to implement new website design projects.
- Promote the proper use of HTML, CSS, responsive design and modern coding languages.
- Ensure web pages have a consistent interface across multiple platforms.
- Maintain ongoing design for multiple websites using templates, artwork, design standards and content management systems.
- Utilize enterprise graphic design software and other visual design tools.
- Translate institutional objectives into web solutions.
- Capability to effectively communicate creative ideas.
- Plan, organize and execute work independently and lead projects to completion within established timelines.
- Understand user interface issues.
- Operate and use multi-platform personal computers.
- Attend training and keep abreast of web developing standards.
- Compile and maintain a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page as required.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with members of the user community and Information Technology personnel while exhibiting tact, patience, and diplomacy.
- Exhibit proficiency in clear and concise verbal and written communication.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Experience:Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and four years of increasingly responsible experience in web design and maintenance. Experience may be substituted for education.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is committed to the concept and principles of staff diversity and equal employment opportunity by prohibiting discrimination based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Applications from all persons interested in the position are encouraged. SELECTION CRITERIAApplication ScreeningIn addition to the requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
- Education experience (breadth and depth)
- Work experience (breadth and depth)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Bilingual ability (if needed)
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse socio-economic communities
- Professional growth activities
- Specialized skills training
- Leadership skills
- Written and/or oral communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
A Complete Application Packet Must Include the Following:
- RSCCD Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume - details all relevant education, training, and other work experience
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted)
- Response to supplemental questions below:
- Do you have programming experience using languages such as C#, Visual Basic .NET, Envison Basic, Java, or python?
- Do you have experience developing applications and/or system integrations using APIs?
- Do you have database query and report development using SQL, or experience working with Unidata?
- Submit official transcripts
- Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States (by in-person appointment in People & Culture)
- Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis Exam
- Fingerprints (by a Live Scan Agency at the candidate's expense, and clearance must be received before the first day of employment)
- Provide a valid COVID-19 Vaccination Card. The District continues to require proof of a primary series of COVID-19 vaccination or qualifying exemption.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rsccd/jobs/3699398/web-designer
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency