- Technology Operations Specialist I
- Go to our website »
Technology Operations Specialist I
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Technology Operations Specialist I position. The Technology Operations Specialist I is a full-time, year-round position, starting at $49,227 per year. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Technology Operations Specialist I is primarily responsible for providing client support for the College's computing platforms. Reporting to the Technology Operations Service Manager within IT Support Services, the Technology Operations Specialist I supports the educational and research mission of Amherst College by providing support for the technology used in campus spaces, assisting in researching new technologies in hardware and software, providing support and expertise to colleagues within the team about best practices, enhancing existing services, and developing and supporting new services. The employee works closely with other colleagues to provide backup in deploying and maintaining all relevant systems and support of technology solutions across the institution.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Technology Support and Deployment
- Provide client support via phone, email, and in person for the College's computing platforms;
- Provide technical expertise to team and IT in general regarding Windows imaging, Mac imaging, desktop and computer hardware;
- Assist with installation and maintenance of client hardware and software, working with IT colleagues to manage budget and resources and coordinating with faculty and other IT staff to receive requests in a timely manner;
- Respond to support requests, including emergency support requests, provide assistance to IT colleagues with other support requests, and track all support requests and hardware using ITSM tools provided;
- Maintain internal documentation and tracking for hardware, software, and equipment purchases, configurations, maintenance and inventory;
- Deploy and manage Windows images for client computers and virtualized environments, keeping all managed images up-to-date with the latest software and security updates;
- Support College-owned mobile devices;
- Apply best security practices as it pertains to physical space, digital data, confidential information, computer reuse, encryption, security alerts, and security breaches;
- Maintain written documentation on the use of hardware and specialized applications;
- Help team identify gaps in service and actively work to eliminate them across the team;
- Provide service and support outside of normal working hours, including weekends, evenings, and early mornings as needed;
- Assist with the assignment of a diverse group of student workers to complete projects as needed.
- Remain current with emerging technology trends and practices by attending workshops within and outside the College and attending relevant conferences throughout the year;
- Work with colleagues across IT to launch new services and improve services offered;
- Apply gained knowledge to improve processes and services within the team and IT.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant work experience; or in lieu of degree, relevant training and 4 years of work experience.
- Certification in software deployment processes and tools for macOS, Windows, iOS.
- Certification in industry-standard practices, such as ITIL.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.
To apply, visit https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Amherst_Jobs/job/Amherst-Campus/Technology-Operations-Specialist-I_JR3931
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency