Moraine Valley Community College is dedicated to ensuring our students gain the knowledge and skills needed to meet the demands of a changing world. With more than 130 programs, expert faculty, state-of-the-art learning facilities, and a vibrant campus culture, Moraine Valley Community College is among the nation's premier two-year institutions of higher learning. Our facilities include a main campus in Palos Hills, an education center in Blue Island, and the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park.
Technical Engineer (USS-PC Assets)
Main Campus | Palos Hills
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of User Support Services, the Technical Engineer is member of the USS Technical team. This position maintains and installs advanced high-level client service systems, such as VDI, SCCM, JAMF, AD settings, Life-Cycle Management, Print management systems, classroom technologies and much more. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, installation, diagnosing, and repairing of computing devices. Technical Engineer provides both 1st and 2nd level end-user support for technology hardware and applications.
The Technical Engineer is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- One to three years in an end-user computing environment.
- Must have demonstrated analytical ability to logically approach problems.
- Microsoft, Apple, VMware and/or Cisco certifications preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft and Apple based computing devices.
- Familiar with programs, languages, and supported software packages.
- High level of customer service qualities.
- Above average communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, technical procedures, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Position requires minimum analysis; tasks are simple and reoccurring. Some decisions referred to higher authority for approval.
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff, vendor representatives and the general public. Must possess good problem-solving and organizational skills. .
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00am to 5:15pm, (Additional availability may be required)
Minimum starting salary: $52,570
To apply and submit your application materials , visit: jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/4413
Moraine Valley is an EEO/A/F/D/V employer that values diversity and is committed to excellence.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency