TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER - CONTRACT
Job ID: 18521
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at: Jobs at UCOP
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world. Learn more about the UC Office of the President
UC is a leader in advocating for the purpose and importance of public higher education. By providing timely, accurate, consistent, and reliable information about UC and the environment in which it operates, Institutional Research and Academic Planning (IRAP) illustrates UC's progress, challenges and outcomes in support of its mission.
The department of Institutional Research and Academic Planning (IRAP) is a central service unit of the Office of the President (UCOP). IRAP provides timely, accurate, consistent and reliable information about UC and the environment in which it operates. The Project Manager reports to the Director of Data Infrastructure, Management and Reporting and supports the work of the Data Management team. The Director is responsible for the technical delivery of multiple robust and dynamic reporting and analytics environments as well as the development and maintenance of data transformation rules and file submission and processing for the UC Data Warehouse (UCDW).
The Project Manager is an experienced professional who applies technical project management frameworks and methods to resolve complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of variable factors. Determines methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Manages projects of broad and diverse scope, size, impact, budget and / or project team size, with impact to the organization.
- Requires effective communication and organization skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
- Requires ability to assess Office of the President needs for information technology products and design services to meet those needs.
- Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies.
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated effective writing skills.
- Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques.
- Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress.
- Demonstrated advanced organization and project management skills.
- Broad knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
- Knowledge of most aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery.
- Proven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA for project and work tracking.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Professional certification preferred.
This position is a one- year contract position.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: Benefits of Belonging
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is June 10, 2021. The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position. Background check process at UCOP
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014. UC Smoke & Tobacco Free Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. EEO/AA Employer UC Nondiscrimination Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucop/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=19&JobOpeningId=18521&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency