University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Systems Engineer - Cloud is a highly technical staff member in the Systems Engineering group in Information technology. The Systems Engineer - Cloud is responsible for designing various computer information systems both for on-premises and cloud environments to meet the business needs of UMass Lowell's operations. Specializing in Microsoft cloud solutions, including Azure and Microsoft 365, the Systems Engineer – Cloud is focused on maximizing benefit and value from the university's investments in these platforms and technologies.
The Systems Engineer - Cloud has a broad view of UMass Lowell's information technology platforms residing in multiple locations as well as knowledge of the business processes and drivers that impact those technical platforms. As a lead designer on multiple projects, programs and systems, the Systems Engineer - Cloud is responsible for design, documentation and consulting on implementation of multi-vendor applications platforms.
Under the direction of the Manager of Systems Engineering, the Systems Engineer - Cloud is a technically advanced staff member responsible for the adoption and assimilation of both new technologies and integration and optimization of existing investments in information technology. They are integral in the overall services delivered to all internal and external users of UMass Lowell's IT infrastructure.
In addition to efforts to modernize the operating environment to Microsoft Azure and other clouds, the Systems Engineer - Cloud will be responsible for assisting the overall team with existing on-premises applications infrastructure routinely and as required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have real-world, hands on experience delivering messaging and collaboration solutions utilizing Microsoft Exchange and other Office 365 services within large complex environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups architecture.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and ensuring the success of our customers.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, JSON.
- Proficiency with Microsoft licensing, especially related to Microsoft 365 A3 and A5 from the command line for a 100,000+ user environment.
- Requires 3-5 years of design experience in a large Information Technology environment.
- Previous production experience with Microsoft Cloud offerings including Azure.
- Architectural and operational mastery of the Microsoft 365 Platform.
- Mastery of storage technologies in Microsoft 365 including OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Authentication, Identity and Access Management (IAM), and Conditional Access Policies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in configuring M365 security features including AIP, DLP, ATP, IAM/RBAC, and SIEM.
- The ability to comprehend complex technical issues and rapidly isolate and prioritize likely causation and develop likely remediation.
- Advanced proficiency with Active Directory and Azure AD, including group policies and ADSIEdit.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable mastery of core network technologies, including DHCP, DNS, NTP.
- Previous hands-on experience and understanding of VMWare vSphere environments and architecture.
- Messaging and productivity tools, including Microsoft Exchange migration to Exchange Online and support of hybrid environments.
- Demonstrated mastery of industry best practices relating to secure computing and data security practices.
- Advanced understanding of core web technologies such as IIS, HTTP, SFTP, and SSL.
- The ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical users.
In-depth understanding of how disparate and multi-vendor systems can interoperate to achieve further information.
- Experience with VDI environments such as VMware Horizon preferred.
- Experience with systems automation such as Puppet, Chef, or VMware vRO are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred.
- Industry-recognized certification such as MCITP or VCP strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Exchange messaging technology, including internet standards such as SMTP, IMAP, POP and MAPI.
- Experience with message hygiene products such as anti-spam and anti-virus.
- Previous experience with Microsoft SQL server preferred.
- In-Depth understanding of content management tools, including SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
- Administration of Teams, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Pleaseinclude a resume andcover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/822/lowell/en-us/job/508027/systems-engineer-cloud
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency