Company Information: Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for an SoftwareDeveloper/Systems Administrator to work in our Roseville Corporate Headquarters.
Position Summary: The Software Developer / Systems Administrator is a multi-faceted role that is both accountable for the maintenance and improvement of the PLM environment and developing software tools to enhance the efficiency of Horton employees. This role works as part of the software development team, with a focus on Siemens Teamcenter PLM application, other engineering related tools, and software development to help automate work and improve employee efficiency. This role will also be expected to work closely with other departments including, but not limited to, manufacturing, engineering and product development to ensure continued value and improvement.
Maintain current PLM environment.
- Administer production and non-production databases, ensuring that the production database is always available and that non-production databases are available and refreshed on a schedule that meets end user needs.
- Define and manage groups, roles, security and provide support in PLM system.
- Manage and administer all CAD-enabled computers and hardware to ensure their trouble-free operation by CAD users at multiple Horton locations. Working with IT, perform the installation and configuration of all CAD related software and hardware, including but not limited to NX, ANSYS, and Teamcenter.
- Track issues reported by users and work with software vendors to resolve as appropriate.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of new computer hardware and software.
Participate in long term planning for engineering systems.
- Assist in deciding what features/programs should be added/removed from Horton.
- Develop and/or implement tools and processes that enhance productivity. This effort will be focused on the engineering and product development departments but will also include larger development efforts that will impact the entire corporation.
- Work with data reporting requests using data toolsets and Microsoft PowerBI
- Train end users in the use of tools developed.
- Analyze existing software solutions to identify areas of improvement and potential replacements
Education: 4- year degree (PREFERRED not REQUIRED) in software development, engineering, system administrator and/or equivalent experience. A combination of 2-year degree and work experience will be considered. Work experience must include a minimum of 1 year in systems support, IT applications support and/or maintenance. Experience with Teamcenter administration, NX (or any enterprise CAD program), Microsoft Azure, Typescript, Vue, and SQL database is a plus. Required development experience should include GIT, HTML, JS, AJAX and .NET (or other web server language). Training on systems may be provided for the right candidate.
Must be able to show legal authorization to work in the United States. No Visa sponsorship provided. Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified candidates should log onto https://careers-horton.icims.com.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at www.hortonww.com.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency