Job No: 516874
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
Working Title: Software Developer
Classification Title: Analyst/Programmer - Career
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Sunday, August 7, 2022 @ 11:55pm PST
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
The Analyst/Programmer reports to the Senior Director of Enterprise Systems/Information Security Officer. The developer provides software development support for enterprise applications - including within the Common Management System (PeopleSoft) HCM and Campus Solutions systems, and other ancillary systems as assigned. The position performs software requirements analysis, database application design, maintenance, and programming to deliver and support enterprise applications. The incumbent will serve as a primary technical resource in at least one of the modules, such as Admissions, Student Records, Advisement, Financial Aid, Student Financials, Transfer Credit, Catalog/Schedule, or HCM. Familiarity with data structures and business processes are essential to the position. The incumbent consults with clients to better understand their enterprise software needs and performs all software consultations and development functions with a keen understanding of information security and accessibility requirements. The developer partners with campus clients in running, growing, and transforming campus systems as directed by leadership. The position also requires expertise in the use of required new hardware, software, and tools required to achieve clients' software development needs.
Note that, while many of the duties assigned to the incumbent are PeopleSoft programming and analysis, there is still a significant technical and user consulting aspect to this position. Incumbent is required to research and understand PeopleSoft subject matter in multiple module areas. While there will be some development and analysis in the PeopleSoft environment, there will also be a requirement to begin moving to newer technologies to modernize user experience.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime)
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $10,792
Hiring Range: $6,000 to $8,000 per month, commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
Salary Grade/Range: 2
Recruitment Type: Regular (Probationary)
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm; other hours as required
Full telecommuting (remote work) is available, on an opt-in basis, after successful completion of a hybrid onboarding period (remote and in-person work).
Please visit the following webpage for more information on the CSU Telecommuting Program: https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/telecommuting-program.html.
Per our Out of State Employment Policy (see below), a successful candidate must reside within the State of California upon time of hire.
Who is IRT?
Information Resources & Technology (IRT) partners with faculty, staff, and students to provide essential information technology services that support mission critical activities and innovative technology solutions that facilitate the accomplishment of strategic campus goals at Sacramento State.
For more information, please visit: www.csus.edu/irt
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. Foundation knowledge and skill for the Analyst/Programmer, depending on the position assignment, may include working knowledge of a specific industry standard applications programming language and knowledge of standard systems analysis techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, or equivalent training and applied experience.
- Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages.
- Must be able to independently apply technical judgment to work assignments to achieve desired outcomes, to both standard and non-standard data applications and systems, solve a wide range of problems, develop practicable and thorough solutions, independently consult with users to identify requirements, and use effective communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge, experience and technical skills in Oracle SQL and object-oriented development environments.
- The ability to resolve highly complex technical issues and develop complex software Required to work with a diverse client base to develop processes and documentation to ensure continuous improvement with an emphasis on excellent user experience.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the following Core Functions of the Classification:
- Experience in developing business software using industry development tools.
- Knowledge and skill interviewing clients to understand their business needs and translate them into software specifications.
- Develop excellent process documentation.
- Balance multiple workload and responsibilities, establish project milestones and timelines, and coordinate project teams to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Knowledge and skill in analyzing and defining requirements for application software.
- Analyze and develop touchpoints between enterprise applications and ancillary application, developing an understanding of web services, API's, and other integration technologies.
- Knowledge and skill in analyzing business processes in multiple areas.
- Knowledge and skill analyzing and designing system interfaces.
- Knowledge and skill in developing moderately complex software to address business requirements.
- Knowledge and skill monitoring, analyzing, and verifying data to ensure integrity.
- Work in a team and project driven environment.
- Five years' experience working with HTML, Microsoft Office product suite and related tools.
- Five years' experience working with Oracle SQL and related database analysis tools.
- Experience developing software products and software changes using an object-oriented development platform such as PeopleSoft PeopleTools suite (Application Designer, Data Mover Tool, SQR).
- Experience developing web services to provide and consume data between systems.
- Familiarity with XML and JSON.
- Experience working with an iPaaS integration tool.
- Two years' experience working in enterprise systems in the higher education environment.
Resume, cover letter. Failure to upload required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: "As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement." As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
CSU Telecommuting Program
Sacramento State is participating in the CSU Telecommuting Program. The opt-in program is available for positions within the Management Personnel Plan (MPP), Academic Professionals of California (APC) union, or California State University Employees Union (CSUEU). All CSU employees, regardless of telecommuting status, must still comply with the CSU's Out of State Employment Policy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html .
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.
Advertised: July 22, 2022 (8:35 AM)
Applications Closes: Open Until Filled
To apply, visit https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/516874/software-developer
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency