- Senior Technical Project Manager
- Go to our website »
Senior Technical Project Manager
Job ID: 53578
This position is fully remote. Candidates are required to have permanent residence in the US.
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training. The supervisor of this position can clarify how this policy applies to the selected candidate(s) upon selection for a job offer.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, applicants should attach their resume and cover letter when applying for a job opening. For guidance related to the application process or if you are experiencing difficulties when applying, please review the Applicant Resources on our Talent Acquisition website.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. Materials submitted after the IRD will ONLY be forwarded at the request of the hiring unit. To ensure your application is routed for consideration, submit your materials before 11:59 p.m. on the IRD. Talent Acquisition cannot accept application materials outside of the jobs portal, and is unable to update submitted applications on an applicant's behalf, or forward communications to the hiring units. For more information about the IRD and the applicant review process, view this link.
The IRD for this job is: 06-01-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus's centralized resource to support and amplify research, instruction, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of over 200 diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results.
Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, resourceful, kind, and committed to inclusion.
ITS strives to continually improve service quality, experience, and value for our students, faculty and staff. We are deeply committed to nurturing and strengthening an organization that values equity, work-life balance, and supportive culture. Prioritizing career paths is important to us and we devote resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. We are looking for candidates who do great work from different backgrounds and practices, and who will support our aspirations to shape an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every qualification for the position but possess transferable skills and experiences.
University of California offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision Care Insurance Plans, University of California (UC) retirement, Paid Family Leave, and Paid Holidays plus accrued vacation and sick leave. Visit the UC benefits page for more information at UC Compensation and Benefits.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the management of large-scale and complex technical projects for the university's Information Technology Services division. They will lead cross-functional teams and work with stakeholders at every level of the university, including senior campus leadership, to ensure successful delivery of complex projects within the allocated budget, timeline, and scope.
Budgeted Salary: $100,000 - $110,000/year. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to post a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. The salary shown above is the budgeted amount the University reasonably expects to pay and the salary extended should not exceed this posted amount.
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 000522 (TCHL PROJECT MGT PROFL 4)
Travel: Never or Rarely
35% - Integration and Schedule Management
- Manages large-scale, complex technical projects and programs from initiation through delivery, ensuring adherence to project management methodologies and best practices.
- Creates and manages project documentation, including project charters with clear deliverables, requirements, and project plans.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules, overseeing project progress against established timelines and identifying and mitigating risks and issues as needed.
- Develops and manages project budgets, ensuring that projects are completed within the allocated budget.
30% - Team Leadership
- Assembles and directs large project teams across various/all IT areas, fostering a positive team environment and building strong relationships with stakeholders, vendors, and partners.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance to project teams, ensuring that team members are motivated and working effectively to achieve project objectives.
20% - Project Communication
- Communicates project status, progress, and issues to stakeholders and the leadership team, facilitating decision-making and issue resolution as needed.
- Manages project-related campus communications.
- Develops and maintains project websites as needed. Assures clarity of information and expectations across all stakeholders.
15% - Quality Management
- Identifies and implements process improvements to increase project efficiency, effectiveness, and quality. In collaboration with project analysts, contribute to analysis for highly complex, project-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and / or training.
- Extensive experience in technical project management, with demonstrated success in managing large-scale and complex technical projects.
- Mastery of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques. Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while determining relevance and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to effectively plan, execute, and monitor highly complex projects to ensure successful project delivery within the allocated budget, timeline, and scope.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams. Demonstrated business acumen, and the ability to adjust communication styles for varying audiences, including but not limited to technicians, vendors, end users, and leadership. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
- Experience leading a team of information technology professionals
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically with demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong general understanding of a wide range of technical concepts sufficient to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical experts in different fields of technology including security, identity management, networking, software engineering, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines. Understands how projects relate to other business strategies and initiatives.
- Professional certifications.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work remotely from a home office and be able to fulfill requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency