Location: Throggs Neck, NY Category: Information Technology Posted On: Tue Nov 3 2020 Job Description:
SUNY Maritime College seeks to hire a Senior Programmer/Analyst that is responsible for providing analytical support for the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of the universities computer software applications and reporting functions. This includes the Ellucian Banner administrative software system supporting Admissions, Financial Aid, Finance, Student Accounts, and the Registrar department.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and support applications related to the Ellucian Banner administrative and mobile software packages.
- Develop and maintain applications and scripts that facilitate integration of functions and data between applications.
- Provide system documentation in accordance with the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up to resolve complex application and data problems.
- Develop applications in PL/SQL,SQL,SQR, Groovy & Grails and related languages as required.
- Investigate & resolve production problems; perform desk checks to test & correct computer programs.
- Collaborate with business users and others within the Information Technology Department to create innovative solutions for new business applications, reports and enhancements to existing business applications.
- Coordinate the deployment of developed applications and participate in the training of users.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems with program.
- Prepare and submit weekly status report as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field and three years experience in programming OR Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field and five years experience in programming OR seven years experience in programming.
- Experience in creating dynamic, data-driven reports using any report writing tools (Crystal Report, SSRS, Oracle Reports, Cognos)
- Experience with project planning for application development and implementation
- Banner Administrative applications programming
- Broad knowledge of various programming languages, databases, operating systems and utilities including the development of Web services (WSDL, SOAP or WCF) PHP/CSS- XML/HTML, JQuery, CSS, Page Builder.
- Working knowledge of SICAS custom software applications for Banner.
- Providing support for Third Party software interfacing with Ellucian Banner including, but not limited to, Evisions FormFusion-Intellecheck and Argos, EMC-AppXtender, AppWorx-Automic, Nelnet, FrontRush, Blackboard LMS
- Working knowledge of various development tools (Rapid SQL, Toad, JIRA, Perforce).
- Working knowledge of Banner Workflow, and Operation Data Store
- Ability to work in a team-base environment
- Positive and energetic attitude, self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A positive customer service approach.
Classification/Salary Range: The Senior Programmer/Analyst is a UUP position. The anticipated salary range for the position is $60,000 - $75,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package. For more information, please see the UUP Benefit Summary: https://www.suny.edu/media/suny/content-assets/documents/benefits/benefit-summaries/FTUUPbenefitsummary-Dec-2019.pdf
- Review of application to commence immediately and conclude with the position is filled
- Interview traveling and relocation expenses are not reimbursed.
Special Notes: This is a full time calendar year appointment UUP position. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Position includes an excellent benefit package.
- Budget Title: Senior Programmer Analyst SL-4
- Local Title: Senior Programmer
- Line #: 00604
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/affirmative-action
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at email@example.com. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at www.sunymaritime.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency