LC State invites applications for the position of Senior Network Administrator.
Salary and rank based on experience and qualifications: $52,700 - $56,500
1. Demonstrated skills focusing on TCP/IP, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2016 & 2019 Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2017 & 2019, Windows 10 and Windows 11
2. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
3. Knowledge and experience with multiple LAN/WAN topologies
4. Troubleshooting skills related to network systems.
5. Demonstrated social skills that enable the candidate to maintain productivity and clearly and accurately communicate, both written and verbal.
1. A Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Networking, System Administration, or a related field.
2. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher Cisco network certification.
3. Working knowledge of VMWare vSphere and Veeam backup software.
4. Experience in higher education.
5. Microsoft certification in server administration and SQL server.
1. Designs, implements, and tests local wired and wireless communications networks to meet the needs of the college.
2. Prepares specifications and plans for new or enhanced networks; designs, configures, and implements LAN/WAN hardware, software, and ancillary services for network operating efficiency.
3. Performs or provides technical guidance in the installation and configuration of network equipment and in resolving user or systems problems; and assists in and may perform router installation, router software upgrade, and connections of sites to internal and external connections.
4. Maintains network security and sets up firewalls; maintains and monitors WAN networks.
5. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software products; identifies, evaluates, and may correct hardware, software, and operational problems.
6. Maintains service logs, coordinates hardware and software updates from vendors, monitors problem/change activities, and coordinates the involvement of staff, clients, and vendors to ensure effective implementation of new or enhanced systems and resolution of user problems.
7. Installs, updates and repairs network cabling and identifies, evaluates, and corrects hardware, software, and operational problems.
8. Implements and monitors college computer and network equipment standards and procedures and helps to develop and update user manuals as assigned.
9. Works with an existing Customer Ticketing system to track and resolve user requests
Application Procedure: Please upload all of the following documents or your application may not be considered for review
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before November 15, 2023, will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency