Reporting to the Executive Director of Student Administrative Systems, the Senior Data Architect/Analyst position is an opportunity to lead SAIC's strategic initiative to improve data-driven decision-making. This position is a hands on technical lead who supports a small team and is responsible for requirements gathering and data modeling as we continue to build out the student data warehouse, managing data integrations, supporting report building, and leading the data quality, validation and troubleshooting for SAIC.
- Design, model, manage and oversee development of the SAIC Student Data Warehouse which includes data from the Student Information System, Learning Management System and other systems.
- Maintain SQL Server database and server.
- Maintain and create packages in SSIS to replicate database tables to capture changes.
- Maintain and create SSIS packages to implement a star schema model designed in SQL Server.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining all ETL loads.
- Responsible for development, troubleshooting and oversight of integrations from Peoplesoft to other systems (Salesforce, EAB, Handshake, etc.). May have to write custom SQL to build loads. Scripting proficiency in Python, Perl, Bash, and Powershell preferred. Using REST API to get and post data.
- Provides strategic input to discussions related to data governance and data decisions. Translates business requirements into technology requirements.
- Meets directly with data consumers and subject matter experts to gather requirements and model fact and dimension tables based on needs. Responsible for maintaining customer relationships and setting and managing expectations.
- Hire, train, supervise and provide technical mentorship to the Integration Specialists and Business Analysts/Administrator. Review applicant materials and conduct interviews; communicate job expectations and policies; ensure ability to perform effectively, and as needed provide professional development and/or corrective action plan. Serve as liaison to senior management for employee complaints and initiatives.
- Required BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant degree.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in Higher Education Technology, SQL & DBA roles (Oracle & SQL Server), Learning Management System and Student Information Integration & Administration (Canvas, Blackboard, Peoplesoft), Windows/ Linux System Administration, and scripting (Bash, Python,Powershell) desired.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions desired.
- Experience in Data Warehousing experience (Both MS BI and Oracle BI solutions). Advanced experience with SQL needed and proficient in Microsoft BI Stack.
- Master's Degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Informatics or other relevant degree.
**Please apply at: www.artic.edu/careers **
Becoming vaccinated against COVID-19 is the most important contribution we as individuals can make to ensure our own safety and the safety of our museum and school community. All employees must complete an attestation and provide proof of their vaccination status, or request a medical or religious exemption within the first week of employment.
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency