This ad is expired.
Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 11055
Posting Date: 10/04/2021, 11:27 AM
Job Schedule: Full Time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is responsible for the support and operational components of the Baylor ITS Cyber Security Program. The SOC Analyst is directly responsible for monitoring and responding to computer security events. Receives, research, triages, and documents all security events and alerts as they are received. This individual supports multiple security-related platforms and technologies, interfaces with other IT departments in the Baylor organization, as well as external customers/partners. Events will be generated from endpoints, networks, security information and event management (SIEM) systems, threat intelligence platforms, employees, third parties, and other sources.
The SOC Analyst also receives information from Research and Education Networks Information Sharing and Analysis Center (REN-ISAC) information and is expected to leverage Open-Source Intelligence to hunt for potentially compromised systems or users across the Baylor infrastructure. The SOC Analyst serves within Baylor ITS and reports to the Director of Cyber Security Operation.
What We're Looking For
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, Master's degree, and five years of experience preferred (degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, Cybersecurity, etc.).
- A minimum of three years of SOC Analyst experience.
- Demonstrated record of cybersecurity knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge to respond to security events including triaging data sources.
- Technical experience with network protocols and scripting languages.
- Demonstrate a record of providing triage and response to cybersecurity events at multiple tiers.
- Experience in building operational procedures and incident response documents.
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations with an ability to stay ahead of emerging cybersecurity threats.
- Be able to communicate effectively (verbally and written).
What You Will Do
- Analyzing, triaging, aggregating, and reporting on client security events including investigation of anomalous network activity, and responds to cyber incidents within the network environment.
- Leverage Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response solution to automate repetitive tasks.
- Performs event correlation, trend analysis of security logs, network traffic, security alerts, events, and incidents.
- Properly use Splunk Core and Splunk Enterprise Security as SOC primary tools.
- Ensures terminology used (technical or business) is understood by both business and technical teams.
- Validate that ITS personnel follow established procedures and follow up on anomalous activity when identified.
- Generates reports for Incident Management for leadership.
- Continuously works to finetune security tools to minimize false positives and maximize detection and prevention effectiveness.
- Collaborates with owners of cyber defense tools to tune systems for optimum security hardening.
- Analyzes malware and attacker tactics and develops solutions to improve network detection capabilities.
- Collaborates with external partners to receive open-source intelligence.
- Implement security controls to close any gaps discovered in the cybersecurity program.
- Participate in the cybersecurity awareness program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission.
- Ability to comply with University policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
***Remote work locations will be considered***
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and many opportunities to engage locally.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicants religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/requisitions/preview/11055
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency