- Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Go to our website »
Project Manager/Business Analyst
Job No: 525435
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Working Title: Project Manager / Business Analyst
Classification Title: Information Technology Consultant - Career
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Tuesday, March 21st, 2023 @ 11:55pm PST
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Reporting to the Director of Project Management Office (PMO), this position shall plan, manage, execute, and support enterprise-wide and divisional projects pertaining but not limited to digital transformation, Teaching & Learning, Community engagement, DEI , focusing on increasing productivity and efficiency. The incumbent shall lead university projects, leveraging technology to enhance the student experience and increase student success. The incumbent will manage the Project Management Life Cycle from beginning to end, establish multi-disciplinary stakeholder and project team buy-in, apply their knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted methodologies (i.e., Project Management Institute [PMI]) and lessons learned from past experience to facilitate project success, and provide , thorough, and practicable solutions to a wide range of problems. Using technical experience and training, the incumbent works with Information Security, Networking, Operations, and other IT departments to plan for proper system and security design and best practices. The incumbent works within the Project Management Office on the project portfolio and works with all the IRT departments and functional divisions, emphasizing projects incorporating technology to support student success and teaching and learning. The incumbent works with various university departments to conduct business analysis as a part of projects to asses scope, functional requirements, their current business processes, determine needs for improvement, and make recommendations. As part of the Project Management Office, the incumbent will also help develop and implement maturing project management policies and procedures. This incumbent will develop a thorough understanding of IRT services and how they each support projects. The incumbent will create a project culture that empowers everyone involved in the project, lead the development of a high-performance project team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime)
Hiring Range: $6,200 per month to $7,000 per month, commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $10,792 per month
Best-in-class Benefits: Click here to learn more
CSU Total Compensation: Click here to learn more
Salary Grade/Range: 2
Recruitment Type: Regular (Probationary)
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm; other hours as required
Full telecommuting (remote work) is available, on an opt-in basis, after successful completion of a hybrid onboarding period (remote and in-person work).
Please visit the following webpage for more information on the CSU Telecommuting Program: https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/telecommuting-program.html.
Per our Out of State Employment Policy (see below), a successful candidate must reside within the State of California upon time of hire.
Who is IRT?
Information Resources & Technology (IRT) partners with faculty, staff, and students to provide essential information technology services that support mission critical activities and innovative technology solutions that facilitate the accomplishment of strategic campus goals at Sacramento State.
For more information, please visit: www.csus.edu/irt
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Information Technology Consultant, depending on the nature of the position assignment, may include working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as management information systems, data analytics, computer science, social science, education, statistics, data science, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience to independently plan and manage complex projects with a technical component and with broad division or university impact.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting business analysis and research to identify key metrics and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated experience developing collaborative relationships across divisions to lead and support university projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple project deadlines; ability to adapt to change, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to providing excellent service to customers and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of project management.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, facilitation, and presentations.
- Demonstrated personal accountability and creative problem solving skills.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Demonstrated experience in producing project management metrics to measure progress and performance.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working with Information Security, Networking and other IT departments to plan for proper system and security design during project planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience with leading change management activities.
- Master's degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited university.
- Three years of experience as Project Manager using project and portfolio management software ( for example: Microsoft Project Server, Innotas, Team Dynamix, etc.) for documenting, storing, and sharing project information, plans and schedules, team information, issues, risks, and communications.
- Three years of experience conducting business analysis, research, presenting findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Experience leading projects that involve aspects of IT Governance such as web governance, data governance, etc.
- Experience leading projects using technology to support student success.
- Experience implementing process improvement and process automation.
- Experience working with users, leaders, and decision makers to ensure strategic and effective decision making occurs in process and project work.
- Demonstrated understanding and applicable experience of higher education organizational structures and mission.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Familiarity with agile project management concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Visio etc.).
- Ability to effectively present process improvement ideas, alternative solutions, and workflow concepts in applicable written or presentation formats such as Context Diagrams, Use Cases, Workflow and Swim Lane Diagrams.
- Ability to use consultative and facilitative skills to gain consensus on specific outcomes and requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management frameworks (Kotter, Lewin Bridge, and/or Prosci's ADKAR).
- Demonstrated experience with software testing: unit testing, integration testing, system testing, sanity testing, smoke testing, interface testing, regression testing and Beta/Acceptance testing.
Resume, cover letter.
Failure to upload required documentation may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: "As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement." As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
CSU Telecommuting Program
Sacramento State is participating in the CSU Telecommuting Program. The opt-in program is available for positions within the Management Personnel Plan (MPP), Academic Professionals of California (APC) union, or California State University Employees Union (CSUEU). All CSU employees, regardless of telecommuting status, must still comply with the CSU's Out of State Employment Policy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/learning-development/csu-learn.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.
Advertised: March 07, 2023 (8:00 AM)
Applications Closes: Open Until Filled
To apply, visit https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/525435/project-managerbusiness-analyst
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency