This ad is expired.
Office of Information Technology
Application development - full project life cycle (analysis, development, testing, and support). Candidate must be able to perform the duties required to accomplish full life cycle development. Phases include requirement development, analysis and design, coding and testing. Applications range from academics to financial. Candidate is also responsible for updating the IT project portfolio for with internal project statuses as well as project stakeholder notifications.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Academic Systems
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES:
- Daily support of current application software such as the student information and registration, financial aid, general ledger and accounting, human resources, admission and course planning for academic scheduling, etc.
- Meets with end users to initiate or respond to requests for new program development or modifications to existing software.
- Analyzes intention of requests and formulates best methodology to apply to problem, factoring in variables such as time, system resources, impact on other systems, technical ability of end user, etc.
- Performs coding, testing and debugging of application program changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Director or CIO.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to collaborate, assess and evaluate needs as presented by University Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or comparable experience in a related technical field.
- Minimum of two years' experience in computer programming required.
- UniVerse database experience - Including any Pick variety.
- Web Development languages a plus - Java, LAMP and or UNIX skills a plus.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four-Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2673
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency