We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Programmer Analyst
- We have two (2) available positions.
A programmer analyst performs the duties of both a systems analyst and a computer programmer. While systems analysts design and develop software and computer systems, programmers are responsible for implementing designs by writing computer programs. This position provides consulting, designing, programming, quality assurance, troubleshooting, and/or technical support for applications, projects, and operational problems. It designs, develops, documents, analyzes, creates, tests and modifies computer systems, programs and integrations. The position is also responsible for researching, evaluating and recommending solutions and appropriate technology to meet user's needs.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and sit as needed for office and computer work.
- Wrist and hand movements required as needed for keyboarding.
- Ability to be mobile, campus wide for appropriate business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology or related discipline. Experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Two (2) years of recent experience implementing, managing and administering systems.
- Two (2) years of recent experience programming in SQL.
- Two (2) years of recent professional experience in programming. Experience includes but is not limited to analyzing, designing, implementing, maintaining and/or programming small to medium scale, enterprise software applications using a procedural, scripting or object oriented programming language.
- Two (2) years experience integrating applications using RESTful APIs, programming languages, and databases.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in using a life-cycle management process for implementation of changes in applicable systems, including experience with project management and configuration management processes.
- Knowledge and experience working in a higher education and/or financial environment in information systems management and support systems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated abilities in each of the following areas:
- Ability to collaborate with teammates to communicate and adjust priorities as necessary
- Ability to communicate in the written and verbal form translating technical and business information into terms constituents will understand
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems
- Ability to assess, design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions
- Ability to analyze, develop, and refine requirements
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate tasks, projects, and workload
- Ability to create and maintain documentation for application/service support, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Competence with business productivity suites
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency