Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University's commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu .
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Information Technology Help Desk or a designated supervisor, this position is responsible for duties related to administrating the installation, configuration, and support of the Universities computer and communications systems and assisting users in the use of computing and communication facilities.
Must be flexible to support events during days and weekends. May be required to work state holidays based on academic programming needs with alternate days off. Schedule can change at any time.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current rsum or curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email Address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities. #SU
- Supervise Information Technology staff members and Student workers as assigned.
- Maintains a positive and professional relationship with Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Install, configure, and perform support and maintenance activities on clients and servers consisting of multiple operating systems to support campus operations
- Provides advance technical Help Desk assistance to the members of the campus community while documenting and monitoring Help Desk requests until the problem is resolved or turned over to another office for resolution
- Consults with users and other Information Technology Service personnel to resolve problems reported to the Help Desk
- Installs, configures, backs-up, and repairs PC hardware and applications, operating systems, and network connections while documenting the hardware and software configuration as needed
- Assists Faculty, Staff and Students with connecting their devices to University related services such as WiFi and email
- Provides training both scheduled and on-demand to support the pedagogical needs of Faculty, academic pursuits of Students, and the business functions of University Staff.
- Works with other departments on equipment and software installation and makes recommendations for equipment upgrades or installations
- Assist with training and assessing performance of the Help Desk student assistants
- Develops scripts, workflows, software procedures, and documentation regarding Help Desk operations and procedures
- Develops and maintains workstation deployment and configuration workflows
- Assist in developing and establishing procedures and practices that ensure the reliable and efficient operations of the Help Desk and other technical support unites within the Information Technology Services
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support institutional events and cover various support requests as assigned by the Associate Director of the IT Help Desk Services or a designated supervisor
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Director of IT Help Desk Services or a designated supervisor
- Graduation from an accredited College or University with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Three years of IT Help Desk and/or support experience related to the functions of the position
Note: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis.
Note: A Master's degree may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current principles and methodologies in the Computer Science field
- Knowledge or current and past operating systems and Microsoft 365 products
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in an Active Directory in a client/server environment
- Familiarity with common software application suites and their install/operation.
- Ability to learn new technologies and software packages to support University needs
- Ability to work independently on a strict timeline to achieve specific goals is necessary
- Ability to delegate tasks and supervise staff and student staff members as assigned.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with other administrative offices at the University
- Ability to provide and interpret statistical data and analyze their impact on the department
- Ability to assume responsibility for multiple tasks and organize time efficiently.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position
- Must have the ability to lift 25 lbs. and have a valid NJ driver's license
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Administrative Technologies (ex: Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure, Intune, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with workstation deployment, patch/update, and management tools such as WDS, MDT, SCCM, WinPE, MDM, Deploy Studio, and Munki
- Possess, or have the ability, to gain the industry recognized certification for hardware and software, CompTIA A+, within 90 days after the start of employment
- Ability to read and write scripts in VBS, AppleScript, Bash, PowerShell, and other common programing languages
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7pKzpu8z1rWHjPpiD5dr
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency