Organizational Change Manager
Penn State Information Technology (IT) has an excellent career opportunity for an Organizational Change Management (OCM) Consultant. This position will play a key role in ensuring change initiatives meet business objectives by increasing employee adoption and usage. It will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for changes impacting people: job, processes, culture, technology implementations, etc.
- Implement the change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Coordinate change management initiatives and provide support by identifying possible collision points between projects and developing measurement/control processes and tools for program success.
- Ensure project teams have the appropriate standards and tools (impact analysis, stakeholder analysis, etc.) to effectively prepare and inform leaders and employees of changes.
- Conduct readiness assessments and evaluate results; present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans collaboratively with program/project sponsor and team.
- Develop and/or coordinate development of communication plans, sponsor roadmaps, stakeholder assessments, training plans and resistance management plans
- Support the execution of OCM plans and provide direct support and coaching to employee-facing managers and University leaders.
- Work with project teams to integrate organizational change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Measure impact of OCM programs and develop alternative strategies as needed. Work collaboratively across Penn State IT and other OCM teams to continually develop and improve OCM processes and deliverables.
This job will be filled as a level 2 or 3 depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
- Master's degree in organizational change management, organizational development, organizational psychology, adult education, human resources, or a related discipline and higher education experience preferred.
- Experience in leading OCM efforts in large, distributed environments.
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization including the ability to positively influence change.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and recommend approaches to solve complex problems.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, effectively prioritize, self-manage, and tolerate ambiguity.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Organizational-Change-Manager_REQ_0000012075-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency