Under the direction of the Manager of IT Infrastructure, the Network Analystmaintains a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The primary focus of this position is to assist with the support, installation, maintenance and optimization of all campus network services. The Network Analyst will be able to deploy and maintain all network equipment in order to assist with the running of a smooth network operation. The Network Analyst works collaboratively and willingly with members of Library and Information Technology Infrastructure Team, other L&IT groups, facilities, and other campus community members including faculty, staff and students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers campus network systems to ensure security, visibility, stability, and scalability
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of level 1 and 2 network, wireless and/or information security issues
- Maintains supportive, professional relationships with end-users by providing courteous, responsive service to the campus community, including our colleagues in Library & Information Technology.
- thoroughly assesses and documents the problem or need, responds quickly and provides timely updates, and follows up when the problem or need is resolved
- Oversees and supports the college VOIP phone system
- Works with 3rd party consultants to provide physical and system access, answer questions, and review deliverables to ensure that work meets the needs of the institution, network and telecom standards, and contractual requirements
- Keep colleagues informed by updating project plans and providing appropriate feedback
- Organizes and maintains informational and procedural documentation for the network by documenting processes, procedures, and changes to ensure network performance and reliability
- Participates in semi-annual disaster recovery planning, testing and remediation
- Actively supports a culture of diversity and inclusion
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Available during non-office and emergency hours to respond to critical needs of the College
- Occasionally provides tier 1 support to end-users for emerging network issues; providing excellent customer service
- Performs physical installation of network cabling and associated equipment, which will include punching down wires, terminating jacks, crimping ends on Cat5/5e/6/6a cables, mounting access points and similar equipment
- During busy periods may assist other members of the Infrastructure group in the deployment of new hardware and software across campus labs
Tertiary Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps abreast of new technology developments and make recommendations regarding opportunities for implementation.
- Represents CCAD and Library and Information Technology by attending or presenting at appropriate conferences and events
- Participates in the life of the College by attending campus events such as gallery openings, student exhibits and invited speakers
- Other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education, professional certifications, or professional experience
- One or more years' experience maintaining and supporting network systems and operations in an education or enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience diagnosing and fixing LAN, WAN and wireless networking problems
- Hands-on experience with a variety of network and telecom technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, routing, switching, QoS, BGP, IPv4, IPv6, 802.11, DHCP, AAA, DNS, VPN, VTP, Spanning Tree, SNMP, SSH, Trunking etc.
- Experience implementing and maintaining network policies and procedures
- Experience setting up or maintaining testing and monitoring tools
- A track record of working with other departments, collaborating with other IT staff, and customer service
- Experience with Aruba networking equipment including Airwave, Clearpass, and WiFi controller configuration
The department cherishes and carefully maintains its highly interactive work environment, and as such anticipates hiring a Network Analyst who is committed to hard work, collegiality, and laughter as a member of a team-oriented group. In general, we seek colleagues who are naturally curious, exhibit an openness to our existing affinity for inclusion and diversity of all sorts, who possess a willingness to change, and who embrace all that is made possible through collaboration.
- Ability to differentiate colors.
- Ability to climb ladders and perform over-head work.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. Ability to lift moderate loads (~30lbs) unassisted, heavier loads (~70lbs) with assistance.
- May be sometimes required to work in areas that are not temperature controlled.
- May need to work in areas under construction and/or dusty locations.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY:Visit www.ccad.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to submit your application. When asked to upload application materials, please submit a resume/CV and a cover letter. If you are applying from any website other than CCAD or Indeed, you will receive a follow up email 3 hours after your initial submission directing you to follow the link and complete your application. You must complete this two-step process, or your application will be considered INCOMPLETE.
About CCAD: Columbus College of Art & Design, founded in 1879, is one of the oldest and largest private art and design colleges in the United States with more than 1,100 undergraduate and graduate students. Undergraduate students choose from 12 majors: With strong exhibition and visiting artists programs and a commitment to the integration of business and art, CCAD is a leader in art and design education.
About Columbus: Columbus is among the Top 10 best U.S. cities for new college grads and one of the top 10 creative scenes in the country as well as one of the 15 most affordable cities in the U.S. As one of the nation's largest college towns Columbus is the type of city where creative activities flourish. There are eight distinct cultural districts that surround CCAD and there are more than 165 restaurants, pubs, and clubs in downtown alone. CCAD is a campus community located in the heart of this vibrant city.
EEO Statement: As an educational and cultural institution, a culture of equity and inclusion is not an add- on at CCAD, rather it is central to how we define creative excellence and the health of our institution. CCAD believes that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. CCAD sees Art & Design as universally inclusive and inherently unbiased. CCAD is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency