Manager, IT Client Support Services
Job ID: 231210
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of University Information and Technology Services at Columbus State University (CSU) invites applications for a Manager, IT Client Support Services. The Manager, IT Client Support Services reports directly to the Executive Director, IT Services. The position will oversee the timely delivery of high quality Tier I and Tier II services & support to all internal and external clients. This position will provide vision and direct the management and operations of the IT Client Support Services Team. It is also responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective and consistent client service to faculty, staff, and students. This position is responsible for providing leadership reporting metrics and KPI's for these processes.
- Provide hands-on leadership to the IT Client Support employees
- Train, coach, mentor and manage staff members at Main and River Park campus'
- Provide guidance to staff and mitigate personnel conflicts
- Apply continuous service improvement principles to all IT Client Support Services staff
- Manage personnel activities of staff (i.e. hires, appraisals, rewards, disciplines, terminations as necessary)
- Manage staff scheduling to ensure Client Support Services coverage is adequate during business hours and on-call support as required
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents
- Ensure UITS makes sound decisions about its technology portfolio that are aligned with the institutions strategic plan and also to consider financial implications
- Meet the timelines of projects and assigned tasks
- Analyze complex university needs presented by the CSU community and design/recommend technical solutions and strategies to improve client services, systems, and processes
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and look for ways to improve performance of the IT Client Support Staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT professionals and other stakeholders across campus to continuously improve service and customer satisfaction
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the IT Client Support Staff
- Provide management and staff with detailed reports from the IT Client Services ticketing system
- Provide budgeting and planning for IT Client Support Services operations
- Ability to communicate well with users on difficult IT issues
- Ability to work with faculty and staff with all levels of technical experience
- Manage and deploy images, software updates, scripts, etc.
- Ability to provide technical support for all Google applications, Microsoft products, social media, and apps
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and products provided by IT
- All other related duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor degree in IT and a minimum of 2 years' applicable experience, or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the required duties. The successful candidate must maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and products; have working knowledge of Active Directory administration and design and engineering tools such as SCCM; be knowledgeable of Microsoft office products to include Office 365; have proven leadership skills to manage Client Support Staff effectively; have demonstrated ability to communicate well with users on difficult IT issues; have strong writing skills; keep up to date with the evaluation of new tools, techniques, services, practices, and technologies to maintain reliable and efficient development, testing and integrations; and possess the ability to work with faculty and staff with varying levels of technical experience.
The selected candidate must also be detail oriented and able to work under pressure; possess the ability to be a champion of new technologies being deployed; possess strong negotiation skills, solid business acumen, and the ability to make difficult decisions; be organized and able to prioritize and multitask effectively; be able to drive results successfully; available to work non-standard business hours; possess the ability to be creative and innovative in a higher education environment; effectively be able to use and troubleshoot Apple products; possess the ability to research and apply leading IT trends and standards to the department and university.
ITIL Foundation is preferred.
The annualized salary range for this position is $48,723 - $54,814 and includes full benefits.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=231210&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency