Manager, Enterprise Applications
Location: District Office - Yuba City, CA
BASIC FUNCTION:Under the general direction of the assigned administrator, the Manager of Enterprise Applications plans, directs, and manages programs, projects and operational activities in support of delivering innovative application services to students, employees and other stakeholders. The Manager of Enterprise Applications is responsible for leading transformational initiatives to provide a modern user-friendly experience for all system users. This position will plan and implement initiatives to optimize application architecture, streamline shared services across the district, optimize application architecture, systems, processes and support models. The Manager will constantly assess existing and emerging technologies and identify those that can contribute most effectively to the business objectives and goals at the District and college level.
The Manager of Enterprise Applications is responsible for the 24/7/365 operation and maintenance of enterprise applications including the Colleague ERP which encompasses Student Information, Financial Aid, Financials, HR, customer applications, statewide system integrations, and supporting state and federal reporting requirements. This position is responsible for all leadership, management, and administrative functions for the Enterprise Applications team including project portfolio management, budgeting, accounting, procurement, contract/vendor management, and performance management. The Manager leads a team of information technology (IT) system administrators, programmers, analysts, and third-party vendor representatives in identifying, delivering, integrating, configuring, maintaining, training and supporting the District's enterprise applications.
Essential Duties Summary:
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS:The Manager, Enterprise Applications has extensive experience managing projects, providing leadership and direction to others, strong technical expertise and excellent communication skills. Incumbents plan and manage the project portfolio, workload, monitor timelines and direct other technical staff. Incumbents partner with other stakeholders from across the District to identify, plan, and implement innovative solutions to key initiatives throughout the organization.
- Ensuring that enterprise applications group effectively meet the diverse needs of YCCD students, employees, and stakeholders.
- Bridging communications between the business and IT teams and fostering great business relationships by partnering with key stakeholders and cross functional leadership teams.
- Overseeing responsibility for outcomes of engineering, planning, execution and delivery on complex projects.
- Providing timely communication to Business stakeholders in areas such as relevant events and escalations.
- Implement and maintain technology solutions and services that support student learning, faculty teaching, and administrative processes.
- Providing oversight and leadership to the acquisition, configuration, integration, and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Software as a Service (SaaS), Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), and custom applications.
- Facilitating the adoption of modern development methods and tools.
- Overseeing deliverables including, but not limited to: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process, release schedule, product roadmap, prioritized backlog, user stories, product documentation, estimation, release budgeting and forecasting, and status reports.
- Understand the general business processes, operations and goals of the various administrative and student/instructional groups who utilize the Districts ERP systems.
- Working with business users to establish appropriate levels of participation in the development of specifications, review of proposed solutions, testing of software modifications, implementing and testing new releases and end user training.
- Driving continuous improvement and automates tools, processes and technology to allow for greater throughput, quality, capabilities, skills and delivery.
- Negotiating and managing contracts related to the acquisition of services, software, and SaaS solutions.
- Ensuring business continuity and continuity of service delivery through regular successful continuity tests, system architectural review and approval and disaster recovery plans.
Portfolio & Project Management
- Managing the portfolio of projects including providing facilitation and leadership to project planning and implementation activities.
- Providing leadership and oversight to multiple concurrent projects of varying size and criticality.
- Participating in YCCD IT Strategic Planning activities and plans and implementing activities to achieve strategic goals.
- Work with IT Leadership team to develop and implement strategies for security and disaster recovery for technology.
- Providing regular status reports to district governance groups, and leadership to collaborative efforts to develop options and establish priorities for various software related projects.
- Hire, manage, train, evaluate, support, and direct the Enterprise Applications group.
- Building and leading a highly talented, top-performing, efficient, autonomous team.
- Implementing strategies to create a workforce and work environment that demonstrates our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Measuring organizational progress and health through metrics and results.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed. Interpret, apply, and communicate laws, regulations, district policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Participate on designated committees as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Database design and management tools
- ERP system configuration utilizing technical manuals
- Computer programming languages such as SQL, C#, PHP, UNIBASIC
- Principles of budgeting and accounting
- Principles of electronic data processing systems
- Project planning, estimating, scheduling, tracking, budgeting, and reporting Principles and techniques of computer program systems analysis and development
- System specific programming and job control languages
- Project management tools, electronic data processing, systems analysis, design, programming and maintenance functions
- Interpret and communicate laws, regulations, district policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements
- Select, supervise, coordinate, evaluate, and train staff
- Prepare formal management presentations, along with organizing and conducting effective meetings
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Independently diagnose technical problems, develop solutions and communicate effectively with users
- Provide leadership to technical staff
- Analyze situations and exercise judgment in taking effective action
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Design database management systems
- Maintain accurate records
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty and vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: BA/BS degree and three (3) years of professional data processing work experience including responsibility for project management are required. Eighteen (18) units of computer science, information systems, information technology or related course work required. Two (2) years of work experience with community college enterprise computer systems is preferred.
Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
Sit for extended periods; stand and walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected vision and hearing to normal range; verbal communications; reach for materials at workstation; occasionally lift equipment weighing up to 25 pounds; occasionally stoop and kneel for files; use of office equipment, including computer terminals and peripheral equipment, telephones, and copiers.
Work is performed at a computer workstation in an office environment; extensive interaction with staff, faculty, and management.
Range/Step: Range 34, Management Salary Schedule
Salary Range: $96,265 - $111,673 per year
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefit package for employees and dependents, for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $24,273 annually with currently no out of pocket expenses to employees or dependents for medical premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security OR the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 22 vacation days, 3 Administrative days, 3 Non-duty days, 2 Floating Holidays, 12 sick days and 19 holidays.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District.
WORKDAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
Posting Number: AS570P
Open Date: 03/14/2022
Review Start Date: 06/24/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For questions about Yuba Community College Districts application process, please contact Mayra Dueas at email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled, however, the first review of applications will begin on June 24, 2022, but may be closed at any time thereafter at the option of the Screening Committee.
To apply, visit https://yccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/3060
EEO Statement EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0f8e26a9b0b5444286839458d9fcd10d