Pace Universityis ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University's Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Oracle Application Programmer for our downtown Manhattan Campus.
The Lead Oracle Application programmer will be responsible to help manage the technical aspects of the University's Banner, Oracle, and related Third Party products data application initiatives. This position requires strong leadership and technical skills in the development and support of the University's Banner 9 environment, including Admin Pages, Web Applications, Extensibility, Page Builder, as well as supporting technologies to support this infrastructure. Responsible for participation in all phases of application development which will include and are not limited to research, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance, especially for the Ellucian Banner and related products environments.
- Analyze, design, implement, and maintain technical requirements for Banner, web, and Third-Party software applications.
- Review and translate user system needs (systems analysis and development) into technical solutions by writing statements of technical statements of work.
- Serve as lead for assigned designated projects and programming applications.
- Review, understand, and plan for all Banner and Third Party application software upgrades as related to applications.
- Provide SQL and PL/SQL Groovy and Grails, Java expertise for Banner 9.
- Oversee tasks on a project basis on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in the effective operation of the campus student information system, including vendor- delivered software and local campus enhancements.
- Develop IT quality assurance and testing plans.
- Coordinate testing efforts with functional end-users, technical developers, to resolve issues.
- Participate in testing of system enhancements and upgrades.
- Identify, report, resolve, and document encountered system and data problems.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree Computer Science or equivalent required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years' experience with extensive Ellucian Banner knowledge (required).
- At least 10 years of advanced application programming experience is required with a minimum of 4 years of Ellucian Banner 9 programming experience as well using Groovy and Grails, and Java.
- Must have in-depth technical abilities including excellent programming and design skills in Oracle and SQL-related languages SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Groovy and Grails, and Linux experience.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of application development methodologies, tools, and techniques as well as an excellent understanding of relational database concepts including Oracle and SQL.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Hands-on programming skills (see above).
- Strong written communication skills are required.
- Self-motivated with experience working with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment where assignments and priorities can change at a moment's notice.
Please apply at:https://careers.pace.edu/postings/21431
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University's Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency