This ad is expired.
Instructor, Information Technology
Annually renewable, 9 month appointment
Summary of Duties:
The Instructor has the responsibility for developing curricula and teaching Computer Programming courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach up to eighteen (18) contact hours weekly in assigned day, evening, or weekend courses. Able to teach alternative delivery modalities including flipped classes, cohort and hybrid course content.
- Provide 10 office hours weekly for student advising, curriculum development, assessment activity, etc.
- Provide 12 hours weekly of college and community service (committees, meetings, professional development, etc...).
- Ability to learn new technologies and be a self-starter.
- Assist the Chair with recommendations for hardware/software purchases, instructional scheduling, and use of facilities.
- Assist with marketing projects and promotion of the College, Information Technology program, and individual departments or programs through a variety of activities.
- Instruct and facilitate computer classes and labs.
- Maintain a close working relationship with industry, maintain a high visibility in the community, stay current with latest technologies and incorporate into curriculum.
- Maintain skills by acquiring and maintaining Computer Programming Certifications and attending necessary training sessions.
- Assist with establishing goals, objectives and resources needed in the information Technology program.
- Develop professionally by continuing to seek and learn new knowledge and skills in the Information Technology industry and other associated areas.
- Actively participate in divisional, college committee and related activities.
- Be committed to implementation of the philosophy and conceptual framework of the Technology and Liberal Studies Division and its programs.
- Perform other similar duties as required.
Additional Required Skills:
Must have at least 5 years' experience in computer programming, computer logic, a professional business environment Programming skills are mandatory and experience with Python, COBOL, C#, Visual Basic and ASP is also required. Experience with the IBM iSeries and/or the AS/400 is a plus. Willingness to adapt to technological trends by becoming proficient at web programming and other developing compilers is required. Must be committed to the two-year college mission, quality instruction and willing to work evening or weekend hours as needed. Must be reliable, conscientious and able to work independently and must be detail oriented and a self-starter. Must be willing to receive extensive and ongoing training in the computer programming field and develop new courses related to current industry trends.
Required Education and Certifications:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer technology or Bachelor's degree in some other field with equivalent computer programming work experience. Holds relevant IT certifications.
Master's degree preferred
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rhodesstate/jobs/3526607/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency