This ad is expired.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Provides complete life-cycle computer system hardware and software configuration, installation, maintenance, support, training and advice to clients.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establishes, configures, implements, and administers effective and efficient procedures for imaging and deployment of office productivity and educational software applications to client computers.
2. Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the client computing device infrastructure which includes:
- Maintaining the standard workstation build procedure and automated software distribution systems
- Packaging all new software to be distributed via the software distribution system
- Maintaining all software applications hosted on the network
- Testing and certifying all new hardware and software
- Managing policy for, and distribution of, software applications
3. Oversees upgrades and patches for existing software applications including assessment, configuration, scripting, virtualization, application packaging, testing and deployment.
4. Oversees technical support for complex requests and problems related to the deployment of university or departmental licensed software.
5. Develops and implements remote installation and maintenance practices specifically geared towards university lab and classroom computing environments, providing students and faculty with up-to-date versions of existing software.
6. Integrates application upgrades and new software package requests onto desktop images deployed on university owned computers.
7. Assists in the management of various components of the desktop infrastructure including: antivirus and anti-malware software, patch management for operating systems, and application software, software virtualization including providing leadership with the development and maintenance of virtualized desktop master images and application packages.
8. Provides technical consultation and support to clients in all technology environments on IT-related tasks and/or projects; ensures that projects meet standard requirements to integrate properly with the campus computing environment.
9. Researches, evaluates and documents new desktop software applications and operational procedures. Works with clients to ensure software is installed as per their requirements.
10. Analysis and troubleshooting of complex problems with existing systems and implements solutions by replacing hardware components and/or modifying configuration of software.
11. Train, coordinate and monitor the work of work study students and report significant performance issues to the Manager or Supervisor.
12. Develops and delivers training and documentation on a variety of computer hardware and software procedures and applications.
Manager, IT Client Services
- Grade 12 plus two-year post-secondary Computing Diploma or equivalent
- Four years' related experience including two years in a medium to large scale computing environment
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Aility to exercise considerable independent action
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with the following Microsoft products: Windows Deployment Toolkit and Services, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Group Policy Management Console
- Knowledge of MS Windows, Windows Server, Mac OS X, Android, VMWare virtualized environments, networked environments, computer hardware and peripherals, smart boards and other learning environment technologies and ability to troubleshoot and maintain all technologies
- Familiarity with the creation of application packaging and virtualization
- Familiarity and understanding of Windows Image Files, Apple Imaging and Application tools, and Ghost Solution Suite
- Ability to maintain currency of technical knowledge to enable support of fast-paced changing environments
- Knowledge and ability to develop and modify modern scripting languages such as Powershell
- Understanding of and experience using Windows sysprep utility
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Travel by foot to office, lab or classrooms in various campus locations in all weather conditions
- Exposure to unclean conditions in client areas, eg. under desks, keyboards, dust within computers
- Ability to lift weights exceeding 20 kg
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
$31.18 - $34.65 ( CUPE Grade 09 (90% - 100%) )
Please Note: This position may be subject to a 90% salary for the first 560 hours of employment.
Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Information Technology Services -> IT Client Services
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about Thompson Rivers University or living in Kamloops or Williams Lake please visit our Careers website. External Candidates invited to interview will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/bWqYAnf4NRBYVsMqEcNaLJ
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency