Identity & Access Management Systems Engineer
Location: Scotts Valley
Job ID: 15188
Initial Review Date (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The Initial Review Date (IRD) for this job is: 03-01-2021
Dept Marketing Statement
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus innovation nexus that supports and amplifies the value of research, teaching, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results that foster a campus climate where employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, ambitious, kind, and deeply committed to inclusive excellence.
We aspire to operate in an Agile and Lean fashion. Our goal is to continually improve our service quality, experience, and value to our constituents. We care deeply about creating a diverse, high performing organization through recruiting while developing highly talented, well-rounded, staff. We invest in career paths and career development, devoting a significant amount of resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
ITS promotes two areas for skill growth:
1. Developing generalizing specialists by focusing on technical depth and breadth
2. Growing service and product expertise
More information about the ITS department can be found at: https://its.ucsc.edu
Supports Identity and Access Management systems to provide directory services, SSO, and group administration to a wide range of campus systems. Manages integrations and executes high level architecture in an AWS cloud environment. Applies advanced IT professional concepts and campus objectives to resolve highly complex issues in one or more IT areas of specialization where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Recommends and may select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary Information: $85,000 - $106,788/annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: This position is eligible for Career benefits
Percentage of Time: 100%
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
Shift Includes: Day, Evenings, Weekend
Employee Classification: This is a Full appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Scotts Valley
Union Representation: None
35% - Designs, develops, modifies, debugs, deploys and evaluates highly complex servers, software and scripts. Integrates, analyzes, designs and applies highly complex data sources. Plans and directs key activities in the release management process. Oversees process and develops standards for migration of systems or software from test to production.
25% - Independently manages enterprise systems and services comprising multiple, highly integrated systems for institution-wide scope. Performs complex and advanced analysis to acquire, install, modify and support operating systems, software, databases, utilities and / or tools. Develops, applies and manages highly complex security configurations.
20% - Integrates identity and access management systems with legacy and new campus servers, software and data sources. Coordinates with other technologists on campus to facilitate highly customized integrations.
10% - Creates documentation for information technology group, campus staff, and faculty on using and integrating with central identity and access management.
5% - Applies advanced concepts in working on database projects of campus / medical center / OP-wide and / or multi-institutional scope.
5% - Understands and applies industry practices, community standards and department / unit policies and procedures in depth. May serve as technical lead for multiple projects of moderate to broad scope. May lead a team of IT professionals. Implements and maintains project plans.
ITS Security Statement
Information Technology positions are responsible for the security of UC Institutional Information and IT Resources. The incumbent is required to follow all applicable information security policies, procedures, and standards to maintain minimum standards of information security for data, systems and applications. Supervisors are responsible for making sure their staff have appropriate security skills and qualifications, and complete all appropriate and required security training.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- In-depth knowledge of various areas of IT. Broad knowledge of the IT environment.
- Identity and Access software including single sign-on shibboleth preferred, directory services including multi factor authentication (DUO preferred), enterprise IAM commercial systems.
- Advanced skills associated with server and programming design, modification and implementation. Advanced knowledge of secure software development. Demonstrated ability to create software specifications.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with system problem identification and resolution. Knowledge necessary to design, set up, operate and correct malfunctions involving technology systems. Experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis.
- Create, set up, and automate the creation of infrastructure resources in AWS or other cloud services. Knowledge of cloud networking and security practices. Automate installation of applications with programmatic templates.
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems that are highly available. Create alarms and alerts for multiple levels of system status and notifications.
- Consistently review current standards and keep operating systems and software patched and up to date.
- Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software. Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software. Demonstrated skill at analyzing and preventing security incidents of high complexity. Strong security skills for protecting the operating system, software, data and hardware.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions. Experience in data integration and the specification of data services. Ability to understand and model complex knowledge-intensive processes such as scholarly and research processes.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrated skill leading technical teams, including organizing workflow and scheduling assignments. Ability to work independently on complex technical projects as well as on a team of technical professionals and departmental decision-makers.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency