IT Support Specialist II
Visual and Perform Arts
The IT Support Specialist II's scope includes providing technical support and assistance to departments, faculty, staff, and students with the use of software applications, customized applications, and websites, etc.
With some supervision by management and/or project leads:
- Primarily provides specialty and basic software support and management for an area or unit
- Performs technical duties associated with specific specialty software and technical support for area or unit business operations
- Contributes technical skills and support to customers for software applications, customized applications, websites, etc.
- Technical skillset kept current by reviewing market trends and product development
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Intermediate level analytical skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving
- Specific or specialized technical skills, as appropriate to the area and/or team
- Training in software use and support through education or experience
- Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communication, support coordinated and consistent messaging across the TCVPA websites
- Serve as administrator for College website and three School websites
- With School staff, maintain responsibility for user experience and function through design and layout of all TCVPA-housed websites according to the style guides consistent with the College's brand
- Supervise the design, content creation and updating of all TCVPA websites, including for ADA compliance, coding, and coordinating updates by designated individuals
- Assign appropriate access levels (authors, reviewers, etc.) to specific unit staff
- Create and/or maintain College materials through new media, such as apps and streaming
- Create maintain and publish digital versions of the College's materials as needed
- Model continuous improvement by identifying important emerging technologies and taking lead in analysis of their benefits and impact
- Act as property custodian for Deans suite
- Support Development staff with web and digital content, including design and functionality related to donor experience
- Provide assistance to college staff, setting up new systems with the campus disk image, attaching new systems to the domain, serving in support capacity as needed for unit-level computer labs and assisting units with system specifications needs
Bachelors degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus one (1) year related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Web design and development experience
- Must have excellent people skills and have the ability to deal with and manage deadlines
- Should be able to provide a level of technical support as necessary to users adding or modifying content to the college's CMS, and provide specialized technical assistance for necessary coding/development tasks related to the updating websites
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency