IT Service Management Lead
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 63619
This position may be a fully remote position for U.S. residents. This is not a visa sponsorship opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, applicants should attach their resume and cover letter when applying for a job opening. For guidance related to the application process or if you are experiencing difficulties when applying, please review the Applicant Resources on our Talent Acquisition website.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. Materials submitted after the IRD will ONLY be forwarded at the request of the hiring unit. To ensure your application is routed for consideration, submit your materials before 11:59 p.m. on the IRD. Talent Acquisition cannot accept application materials outside of the jobs portal, and is unable to update submitted applications on an applicant's behalf, or forward communications to the hiring units. For more information about the IRD and the applicant review process, view this link.
The IRD for this job is: 02-25-2024
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus's centralized resource to support and amplify research, instruction, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of over 200 diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results. Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, resourceful, kind, and committed to inclusion.
ITS strives to continually improve service quality, experience, and value for our students, faculty and staff. We are deeply committed to nurturing and strengthening an organization that values equity, work-life balance, and supportive culture. Prioritizing career paths is important to us and we devote resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. We are looking for candidates who do great work from different backgrounds and practices, and who will support our aspirations to shape an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every qualification for the position but possess transferable skills and experiences.
University of California offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision Care Insurance Plans, University of California (UC) retirement, Paid Family Leave, and Paid Holidays plus accrued vacation and sick leave. Visit the UC benefits page for more information at UC Compensation and Benefits.
Information Technology positions are responsible for the security of UC Institutional Information and IT Resources. The incumbent is required to follow all applicable information security policies, procedures, and standards to maintain minimum standards of information security for data, systems and applications. Supervisors are responsible for making sure their staff have appropriate security skills and qualifications, and complete all appropriate and required security training.
Involves conceptualization, planning, designing, and implementing complete and integrated information technology (IT) solutions for campus, medical center, or Office of the President initiatives, departments, or the entire campus, medical center, or Office of the President. Work is based on implementing the vision of top management to establish IT conceptual architecture that is time-independent but allows for the implementation of specific technologies over time with the ability to smoothly transition technology changes. Demonstrates a keen understanding of departmental, campuswide, medical center, Office of the President, institution-wide and / or multi-organizational needs, and long-term goals. Researches and prototypes emerging technologies and approaches. Works on issues that impact project success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Understands and coordinates with the campus, medical center, or Office of the President initiatives when appropriate, as well as various IT technology standards, best practices, and strategies for infrastructure growth. Often serves as a consultant to related management efforts.
Budgeted Salary: $103,210 - $111,150/year. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to post a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. The salary shown above is the budgeted amount the University reasonably expects to pay and the salary extended should not exceed this posted amount.
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Remote
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 000657 (BUS SYS ANL 4)
Travel: Never or Rarely
40% - Develop and Support Service Management
- Designs, implements, and evolves the Service Management Framework and other components of the ITS Service Management Program, which includes:
- Works with groups and individuals across the ITS Division to align processes with organizational goals,
- Oversees the curation, management, and publishing of the service catalog, by regularly collaborating with service owners, stakeholders, and relevant teams to update and maintain any changes in the services offered, service levels, or associated costs.
- Generates and presents planning and strategy materials to advise groups and individuals on upcoming efforts.
- Works with and guiding service managers to collect and disseminate information.
- Leads and participates in Service Management projects.
- Leads and supports projects to advance and improve service management capabilities on behalf of service teams, service areas, and/or the broader organization.
- May provide complex feasibility analysis, project planning / schedule management, and project team leadership.
- Develops, delivers, and evolves training for service managers and service teams on ITS Service Management processes and standards. Works with service managers to ensure understanding and cultural uptake of ITSM processes and approaches.
40% - Process Development
- Develops and supports processes, standards, and best practices related to the management of IT services including Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Service Level Management, and Change Management.
- Provides matrix leadership around IT service management processes and practices for those in service manager roles across the organization, including creating and maintaining process flows and documentation, developing and delivering training materials to technical and non-technical personnel, mentoring service managers and teams, generating and updating process documentation, and advising groups and individuals on use and prioritization.
- Works with individual service teams to establish and optimize processes through continuous improvement practices. Provides mentoring, support, and scaffolding for shared best practices across diverse service teams throughout the ITS division.
20% - Service Performance Metrics and SLAs
- Leads or supports efforts to define, track, and make visible service performance metrics.
- Works with service teams across the organization to understand operational performance and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Reports on progress to senior management and governance groups.
- Evaluates and evolves metrics over time for customer focus, effectiveness, and alignment with strategic priorities.
- Defines and monitors service level agreements (SLAs) for IT services. Works with stakeholders to negotiate SLAs and review performance against agreed-upon targets.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Expert knowledge of best practices for managing IT services, including the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Demonstrated ability to manage IT services, including service definition, design, delivery, and transition.
- Experience working with governance or steering committees, advisory boards, or other complex decision-making groups or processes.
- Knowledge of business process analysis, and the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow ITSM Platform or other similar ITSM tool.
- Experience in leading organizational change management activities and managing their impact across the unit or department.
- Demonstrated Experience leading teams.
- Agile / Certified Scrum Master.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent training and experience.
- Knowledge of technical disciplines such as software development, database management, infrastructure, technical support, or other IT functions.
- General knowledge of common IT service management and development frameworks such as LEAN, Agile, CObIT, TOGAF.
- Experience supporting technology in institutions of higher education.
- ITIL Professional ITIL Expert Level Certification or equivalent training and experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- The selected candidate has the option to work a hybrid work schedule. If a hybrid work schedule is confirmed, the selected candidate must be able to work successfully from a home/remote office and be able to fulfill the requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- The University of California has implemented a Vaccination Policy covering all employees. Employees, including new hires, are required to comply with any applicable policies relating to the University of California vaccine program.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency