IT Service Delivery Manager
Harvard Kennedy School
I1758P IT Service Management Prof IV
As part of the Harvard Kennedy School IT (HKSIT) team, the Service Delivery Manager plays a key role in: communications, knowledge sharing, driving training and adoption, relationship management, incident management, and service management for key services at the School. This person will serve as a liaison between the HKS Community and multiple HKSIT groups. Responsibilities focus on ensuring services are delivered efficiently and meet stakeholder requirements. An articulate and approachable technology advocate, skilled in providing informed technology consulting services, while maintaining support standards and practices; dynamically adapts and eagerly cooperates with the HKSIT team to address shifting needs, priorities, and technology trends. This is a public-facing position, requiring regular, effective communication with the HKSIT team, business owners, and larger HKS community.
Promote the implementation of HKSIT department's vision, mission and goals in consultation with customers, business units, and HKSIT leadership.
Work with HKSIT and Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) teams to deliver and optimize service offerings and implement initiatives ensuring consistent service delivery across the HKSIT service portfolio.
Seek opportunities for continuous service improvement by actively reviewing HKSIT service portfolio, working with business and service owners as well as HKSIT teams to effect change.
Develop policies and standards for communications to the HKS community around topics including change and incident management processes.
Develop, maintain, and evaluate one-time and regular communications to business owners, HKSIT teams, department heads, and HKS community using multiple channels, e.g., email, in-person, social media, intranet, etc., in support of new and existing services.
Build and leverage relationships across HKS and Harvard to learn about and communicate changes, incidents, and other information to be shared in a timely manner.
Participate in developing documentation and materials pertaining to the HKSIT Service Portfolio.
Play a key role in guiding development and management of user-friendly content on the HKSIT site on the HKS intranet.
Support continuous knowledge transfer across HKSIT teams to enhance and improve service to the HKS community.
Identify opportunities and training needs within user community. Leverage HUIT resources for commonly used tools at Harvard.
Develop and provide training for HKS custom tools, including supporting materials and videos as needed.
Partner with the HKSIT Service Center to provide training resources for onboarding new students, faculty and staff.
Offer periodic info sessions about IT topics in partnership with subject matter experts.
Build trusting, productive, and sustainable customer relationships to inform service portfolio and align with business needs of the community. Engage project and services stakeholders ensuring their perspectives are available for road mapping.
Participate in HKSIT's IT Affinity Group as an advocate for department and center partners and customers for HKSIT's relationships.
Participate in change management efforts by developing repeatable strategies, policies and standards, as well as initiatives outside of the scope of the HKSIT project management team.
Plan and support the transition of new or enhanced services from development to operations.
Serve as a HKS interface for key services - including Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Teams, Zoom, EMS, collaboration tools, and others as needed.
Communicate about key service changes and major incidents impacting the HKS community.
Channel feedback about key services to and from key customer and business stakeholders to the HKSIT and HUIT teams.
Typical Core Duties
- Work at an expert level within a team on most phases of service analysis and consider the business implications of technology applications to the current and future business environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business/service/change management needs into systems requirements and scoping
- Define systems/service requirements, conduct gap analysis, and identify feasible alternative solutions that meet defined business/service management objectives
- Responsible for business transition management to ensure that systems are understood by users; ensure that transitioned services deliver the value users expect
- Contribute to establishment of key performance indicators and service quality measures
- Contribute to budget planning
- Contribute to the development of plans and policies for a unit/school
- Advise unit/school
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide visa sponsorship.
Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
Please note: This is an in-person/on campus position based in Cambridge, MA, with possible flexible work options.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Salary Range: $79,000 - $135,000
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate's relevant experience, and internal equity.
Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Certificates and Licenses
Requirement within 180 days of start date:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations certification
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "Service Mindset" level 1
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "Trusted Advisor" level 1
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "Information Security Foundations" level 1
Additional courses to be completed within a year of hire:
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "Service Mindset" level 2 courses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "Trusted Advisor" level 2 courses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "Information Security Foundations" level 1 class
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy's "IT Methodologies" level 1 class
- Work is performed in an office setting
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Minimum of five years' post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Preferred: Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience OR high school diploma and 7+ years of experience. Experience must be in an IT environment within a diverse user community. Relevant coursework and internships will count toward experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with highly-organized, engaging and effective technical training delivery to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with change management initiatives and common change management methodologies.
Any combination of the following is a plus:
- Experience in a higher education environment is desirable, but a fresh perspective is welcome.
- Self-motivated and self-directed in the pursuit of excellence.
- Strong maturity, professionalism, and judgement.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization.
- Openly embraces change.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with a strong dedication to customer service.
- Ability to present ideas and educational topics in multiple formats, including in-person presentation to large audiences and in writing using business- and user-friendly language.
- Ability to independently and effectively prioritize, organize, coordinate and execute in a high-pressure environment with constant deadline and shifting priorities.
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and on project teams.
- Solid understanding of current IT concepts and the ability to stay current with the latest technologies and trends.
- Knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, account management, and enterprise software.
- Experience with ServiceNow platform is beneficial.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/7eYPYPsb4MppHBq1C6yMM
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency