- Google Workspace Information Systems Analyst
- Go to our website »
Google Workspace Information Systems Analyst
Job ID: 53838
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, applicants should attach their resume and cover letter when applying for a job opening. For guidance related to the application process or if you are experiencing difficulties when applying, please review the Applicant Resources on our Talent Acquisition website.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. Materials submitted after the IRD will ONLY be forwarded at the request of the hiring unit. To ensure your application is routed for consideration, submit your materials before 11:59 p.m. on the IRD. Talent Acquisition cannot accept application materials outside of the jobs portal, and is unable to update submitted applications on an applicant's behalf, or forward communications to the hiring units. For more information about the IRD and the applicant review process, view this link.
The IRD for this job is: 06-15-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus's centralized resource to support and amplify research, instruction, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz. We are a group of over 200 diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results.
Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, resourceful, kind, and committed to inclusion.
ITS strives to continually improve service quality, experience, and value for our students, faculty and staff. We are deeply committed to nurturing and strengthening an organization that values equity, work-life balance, and supportive culture. Prioritizing career paths is important to us and we devote resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. We are looking for candidates who do great work from different backgrounds and practices, and who will support our aspirations to shape an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every qualification for the position but possess transferable skills and experiences.
University of California offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision Care Insurance Plans, University of California (UC) retirement, Paid Family Leave, and Paid Holidays plus accrued vacation and sick leave. Visit the UC benefits page for more information at UC Compensation and Benefits.
The Google Workspace Information Systems Analyst will provide advanced project and operational research and analysis in solving complex problems, assessing potential future technical, process, and policy solutions with wide-ranging impact for a campus with over 25,000 active users. The position provides Tier 3 technical support, provides Google Workspace administration, and oversees and mentors experienced analysts and support staff.
Initially, this position will be largely dedicated to a Google storage management project to address upcoming storage limits. The position will be responsible for analysis of the current state, research of potential solutions, impact assessments, and alignment of technical, process, policy, etc. aspects in support of the project's dual objectives to come into compliance with and develop long term maintenance strategies for Google storage management.
Budgeted Salary: $93,200 - $104,000/year. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to post a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. The salary shown above is the budgeted amount the University reasonably expects to pay and the salary extended should not exceed this posted amount.
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Remote
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 000657 (BUS SYS ANL 4)
Travel: Never or Rarely
45% - Project Analysis
- Applies expertise with Google Workspace applications and Workspace administration to provide advanced and independent research analysis of technology, data, processes, policy, service objectives, and organizational business needs and priorities, using a wide variety of research tools and in-depth evaluation to support highly complex projects.
- Serves as the process lead, collaborating with and complementing the technical lead for the campus Google Workspace infrastructure and service.
- Analyzes highly complex issues and service improvement objectives, recommending technical, policy, and process solutions.
- Evaluates business implications of solutions and provides impact analysis to inform policy decisions by campus leadership.
- Designs and executes implementation plans that align technical, business process, communication, change management, and operational requirements for changes with broad, campus-wide impact.
- Uses advanced business systems analysis expertise with specialized knowledge of the Google Workspace system to develop highly detailed technical and process specifications for highly complex changes involving multiple integrated systems and multiple system support teams.
- Develops detailed test plans and leads integration and user acceptance testing
- Determines root causes of highly complex problems stemming from multiple interdependencies and variables.
- Documents, maintains and ensures compliance with process changes
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and standards, security requirements, Google product changes and roadmaps and campus objectives to identify and recommend high-priority, strategic projects.
25% - User Support
- Designs and optimizes workflows for service requests.
- Analyzes, recommends, and drives operational and service level agreement parameters and processes.
- Oversees incident response and service requests, setting priorities, tracking resolution, and ensuring compliance with service level agreements.
- Provides advanced technical and functional support, problem resolution, coordinating response, and assuring resolution of highly complex and unique issues without precedent using system logs, investigation tools, system reports, product documentation, and expert analytical skills.
- Supports, mentors, provides backup for, and oversees experienced analysts and support staff.
- Provides leadership in the structure and function of the Google Workspace user support infrastructure. May develop and deliver advanced training and support programs and resources to promote the effective use of Google Workspace within our organization.
25% - Workspace Adminstration
- Serves as backup to Senior Workspace Administrators.
- Assists in monitoring and managing Google Workspace usage, ensuring storage limit compliance, and optimal performance and security.
- Manages user accounts, groups, and access permissions in Google Workspace, ensuring appropriate access levels.
5% - Other Administrative or Support Responsibilities
- May provide backup administration and support for other SaaS applications.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in business systems analysis, such as requirements elicitation; process analysis and improvement; integration and user acceptance testing; technical, functional, and process documentation; solution research; fit/gap analysis, and impact analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in research, analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving with the ability to gather, organize, and synthesize highly complex information, identify trends and patterns, and derive conclusions using a wide variety of sources including but not limited to technical and functional documentation, collaboration with teams representing various technical and subject matter expertise, external colleagues, and vendors.
- Exceptional logical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in requirements elicitation, process analysis and improvement, and writing technical and functional documentation.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a focus on service and teamwork. Demonstrated political savvy, business acumen, and the ability to adjust communication styles for varying audiences, including but not limited to technicians, vendors, end users, and leadership.
- Advanced knowledge and experience providing tier 3 Google Workspace support, especially Gmail, Calendar, My Drive, Shared Drives, and Groups in a large complex organization.
- The skill to operate independently under general direction and determine an approach based on stated objectives with the ability to recognize when greater clarity is required to meet objectives and when escalation of issues to management is required.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, timelines, and requirements. The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in Google Workspace.
- Ability to attend training sessions, read technical documentation, and experiment with new features and tools.
- Strong understanding of a wide range of technical concepts sufficient to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical experts in different fields of technology including security, identity management, networking, software engineering, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or a field related to research and analysis.
- Experience with Google Workspace administration, user management, security, and data integration.
- Experience working in a university or higher education environment.
- Project management experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work remotely from a home office and be able to fulfill requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency