The Executive Director, Information Technology and Digital (ED) is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT operational functions and directs programs across ATD's IT infrastructure, enterprise systems, digital and data solutions. The ED supports the continuous improvement and scalability of technology and maximizes the effectiveness and security of the IT infrastructure. This position serves on the President's Leadership Team (PLT) and works closely with the executive leaders and business process owners to provide effective and cost-efficient information systems that enable Achieving the Dream's strategies, programs, and operations. Providing regular strategic and operational reports to the President/CEO, this position provides transformative leadership to instill a culture of proactive service into the IT organization. Although this position is based in the Silver Spring, MD headquarters, the CIO/Executive Director of Information Technology also provides technology leadership and support to the Portland, OR office and ensures that remote contract/part-time employees can access systems remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Leadership & Planning (30%)
- Develop and maintain short and long-term IT systems planning, ensuring current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with ATD's strategic objectives and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with operational leaders to implement and standardize IT business processes and use of new technologies.
- Oversee ATD's knowledge management, data, digital, and web technology needs recommending cost-effective and integrated solutions.
- Manage the cross functional utilization of data and web technology solutions to transform use of business analytics.
- Monitor how evolving technology trends impacting current and future business demands.
Technology Infrastructure Implementation, Management, and Support (20%)
- Manage IT infrastructure, systems & processes including maintenance and implementation of hardware and software applications.
- Manage disaster recovery planning ensuring successful technology enablement and capacity management.
- Plan and implement a fiscal year budget for prioritized IT technical assistance, capital and operational expenditures.
- Create an IT governance framework including development of IT policies and procedures and oversight of the IT Governance Committee.
- Negotiate, manage, and monitor vendor and contractor relationships and agreements to deliver outcomes-based specialized services in high priority area.
Salesforce and NetSuite Enterprise Systems (15%)
- Oversee the development and implementation of improved solutions and management of ATD's ERP systems (Salesforce, NetSuite).
- Coordinate review and release of Salesforce and third-party managed package changes with impacted IT, QA and Business Partner teams.
- Provide thought-leadership in ERP technology utilization, helping to define approaches that maximize performance.
Application Management (20%)
- Provide IT support for Canvas (Learning Management System).
- Integrate existing cloud-based applications together to maximize the advantages of automation to improve overall organizational efficiencies.
- Participate in the ongoing expansion of technical implementations of cloud-based platforms when beneficial to the organization's development and delivery needs.
- Champion the integration of productivity tools to support business operation efficiency and effectiveness.
Help Desk Management (15%)
- Oversee the techs support function including troubleshooting and resolving software, hardware, and active directory issues escalated from tech support.
- Oversee and manage the deployment, upgrade, and support of all IT equipment including laptops, tablets, monitors, printers, and mobile devices.
- BA/BS and a minimum of 7 or more years of experience leading an IT function.
- Experience driving a transformation to a digitally enabled environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cloud -based platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Canvas, NetSuite)
- Ability to manage vendors and negotiate contracts.
- Expert knowledge in designing and implementing effective IT and security policies.
- Ability to think strategically, drive for results, and build a high-performance IT team.
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas.
- Knowledgeable about information management, methodologies to support data capture, quality control, storage and output processes.
- Be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and effective in interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Preferred certifications: PMP.
Collaboration: Demonstrates respect, humility and willingness to collaborate when seeking to understand others and making decisions.
Disciplined Execution: Has the ability to break down big picture work goals into management tasks; has the foresight to anticipate potential roadblocks in order to insure timely completion of tasks and projects.
Effective Communication: Ability to actively listen and thoughtfully question in order to create greater understanding and to offer insights that advance problem-solving.
Learning Orientation: Embraces challenges, new ideas and different perspectives as an opportunity to learn; continually seeks out and applies new learning to activate change or improvements.
Systems Thinking: Defines the system and one's role in the system. Sees relationships and the dynamic elements of the holistic system and executes work accordingly. Influences the system and maps connections to ATD's external landscape.
Change Agent: Serves as an agent of change at a personal, team, and organizational level to pursue outcomes for students. Adapts as the environment changes, while managing associated risks. Motivates staff, team, organization, and partners to activate the change needed to advance defined priorities.
Culturally Competent: Models appreciate inquiry to gain understanding and awareness of others' cultural identity and practices. Creates safe and constructive forums for sharing diverse perspectives and opinions.
Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates self-awareness and self-regulation and recognizes impact of personal behavior on others.
Level of Travel Required: minimal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Achieving the Dream, Inc. (ATD) we strive to attract, develop and retain highly qualified and diverse individuals. ATD is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at ATD are based upon merit, qualifications, performance and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally-protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status or sexual orientation.
To apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency