Director of Technology Client Services
The Director of Technology Client Services is responsible for supervising the technology support team, technology service desk, and multimedia services. These teams support academic and administrative end users' needs, including but not limited to desktop support, computer labs, audio/visual infrastructure, mobile devices. In addition, the Director of Technology Client Services oversees service management processes such as: technology asset management, service catalog, change management, forward schedule and chairs the Change Advisor Board (CAB). A key responsibility of this position also includes being a liaison with Academic Services stakeholders, which consists of deans, chairs, and faculty.
The Director of Technology Client Services is full-time, 12-month, Confidential/Supervisor appointment based on a schedule established by the Chief Information Officer. A flexible schedule will be required to provide adequate attention to project deadlines and special events. Work contacts include faculty, staff, administrators, students, and outside vendors.
Supervises Professional Support Staff (PSS) and part-time hourly employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide the overall leadership, direction, and management of the Technology Client Services teams.
- Design and implement short- and long-term Technology Client Services strategic plan.
- Oversee the planning, deployment, and maintenance of all desktop and client-related services.
- Perform personnel management functions which follow college policies, procedures, and collective bargaining agreements. Management functions also include oversight of personnel selection, training, and evaluation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Technology Client Services policies and procedures.
- Work with all functions within the IT department to ensure processes are executed as designed and measured accurately and completely.
- Manage and report on Technology Client Services service requests, IT Projects Requests (ITPRs), and other related tasks and action items.
- Chair the Technology Client Services committees such as the Change Advisory Board (CAB). Maintain relevant artifacts such as Forward Schedule of Change (FSC), Parkland Knowledgebase, and Service Catalog.
- Develop and execute standard communication plans to promote Technology Client Services to effectively share IT changes and promote a collaborative relationship with faculty, staff, and students.
- Responsible for the collection and communication of Technology Client Services metrics and ensuring the delivery of services is acceptable.
- Coordinate technology related educational materials and sessions for end users.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field with three years related work experience; OR a combination of education and related work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, supervise, and develop employees.
- Must pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound and logical decisions.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Salary: $92,591.20
- Open until Filled
- All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, please contact Human Resources at 217/351-2220.
- Competitive salaries and robust benefits, including medical insurance with no monthly premiums, dental, life, disability, retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, EAP, tuition waiver, vendor discounts.
- Work/life balance with generous paid time off.
- Collegial community of faculty and staff united in our passion for serving students, on a campus with a panoply of lifestyles, with cultures as diverse as the communities we serve.
- Professional support and deep commitment to career growth and development.
- Opportunity to contribute to an organization with a national reputation for excellence and a growing international presence.
To apply: https://parkland.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/702?c=parkland
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency