This ad is expired.
Digital Content Strategist
Job ID: 36781
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 06-30-2022
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is the campus innovation nexus that supports and amplifies the value of research, teaching, learning, and digital experiences at UC Santa Cruz (UCSC). We are a group of diverse, enthusiastic people who produce extraordinary results that foster a campus climate where employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our guiding principles are integrity, client focus, teamwork, knowledge, and fulfillment. We are looking for people who are deeply curious, hard-working, ambitious, kind, and committed to inclusive excellence.
We aspire to operate in an agile fashion. Our goal is to continually improve our service quality, experience, and value to our constituents. We care deeply about creating a diverse, high performing organization through recruiting while developing highly talented, well-rounded, staff. We invest in career paths and career development, devoting a significant amount of resources to skill and professional development for our staff.
ITS promotes two areas for skill growth:
1. Developing generalizing specialists by focusing on technical depth and breadth
2. Growing service and product expertise
The Experience Strategy and Design (EXP) unit within ITS is redefining the experience of higher education at UCSC, from designing effective IT services and products to improving the student and staff digital experience to charting a course toward the digital campus of the future. We're looking for people who:
- seek to understand humans in all their diversity
- approach complexity and ambiguity with curiosity and optimism
- work together collaboratively and help others succeed
- find energy in working with and through constraints
More information can be found at https://its.ucsc.edu
It is negotiable for this position to work remotely up to 100%.
The Digital Content Strategist is an essential part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Communications and Engagement team within the Experience Strategy & Design group at UCSC. The Digital Content Strategist will position themselves as a user-centric content expert, championing the role of content strategy. Their goal is to create flexible, searchable content that appears to the right people, in the right places, at the right time.
- Create compelling narratives: You will have the freedom to develop narratives that resonate with our audience, and produce a wide range of content to tell our story.
- Produce varied content: You will produce user-centric content for websites, blog posts, videos, infographics, slide decks, and social posts to help engage our target audiences.
- Plan distribution: You will work closely with the Communications Lead to plan the distribution of the content you're producing to ensure it is delivered in the right place, at the right time to have the maximum impact.
- Consultation: You will meet and consult with teams on a variety of digital communications projects including moderately complex assignments; develops, presents, and recommends web content, site architecture and visual material.
- Content lifecycle: You will create content strategy plans, standards and guidelines for the creation, publication, and lifecycle of content.
- Analyze and improve: You will dig into data and metrics to both inform the content you produce and analyze the performance of existing content with the goal of continually improving the impact we're having towards the campus community.
Salary Information: Salary Range: $66,300 - $85,000/year. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Remote
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: 007455 (DIGITAL COMM SPEC 3)
Travel: Never or Rarely
40% - Creates consistent, timely, meaningful, and relatable content:
- Collaborates with a variety of ITS teams to design content and visual material for services, products, websites, and other programs.
- Recommends specific content topics and types to meet users' and audiences' needs.
- Creates information architecture and recommendations for taxonomies and metadata.
- Creates or incorporates editorial guidelines, including voice and tone.
- Creates and maintains resources for stakeholders to find, reuse, and/or repurpose existing content.
- Accountable for ensuring technical accuracy and understandability of web content.
25% - Delivers content in ways that are accessible, useful and usable:
- Analyze products, platforms, websites, and channels for content delivery requirements.
- Organize and structure content.
- Contributes to content management system design and decisions.
20% - Assesses effectiveness and adapts:
- Analyzes the performance of existing content and content ecosystems with the goal of continually improving impacts.
10% - Advances content strategy practices:
- Promotes effective content strategy practices through presentation, communication, and collaboration.
- Leads the development of tools and resources for building content strategy capability across the organization, and educating and empowering service and product teams to adopt new methods and mindsets.
- Oversees the development of processes, templates, guides, and training.
5% - Develops and cultivates relationships within a diverse IT community:
- Identify, promote, and maintain relationships with various stakeholder groups at the unit, institution, and peer level to foster awareness of a subject matter domain.
ITS Security Statement
Information Technology positions are responsible for the security of UC Institutional Information and IT Resources. The incumbent is required to follow all applicable information security policies, procedures, and standards to maintain minimum standards of information security for data, systems and applications. Supervisors are responsible for making sure their staff have appropriate security skills and qualifications, and complete all appropriate and required security training.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills, including writing for the web.
- Experience writing with brand voice and tone, and providing style guidance.
- Experience interviewing stakeholders and gathering content requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to work through complexity to achieve simplicity by taking complex language and turn it into something readable and easy to understand.
- Understanding of organization's processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications.
- Knowledge with computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, web interaction, and / or other web communication capabilities.
- Knowledge of content strategy frameworks, methodologies, and metrics for effective results.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Training in content strategy.
- Experience creating content guidelines and with content management lifecycles.
- Knowledge of digital accessibility (ADA and WCAG standards), and concepts of digital equity and access as they apply to content strategy.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Incumbent may be required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to complete various compliance and job-related training as directed.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency