This ad is expired.
DDI Network Engineer II
Finance & Administration
ITS Network Communications
The Network Engineering team is a small band of specialized engineers. Each member is indispensable and brings a specialty that enables us to produce a level of excellence beyond what industry standards would predict. We talk every morning over coffee. When a problem happens, we rally together to solve it. No one has to deal with a bad day alone.
We are looking to add a member to our ranks that will help us lead the university through a redesign of our DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) infrastructure. You will have direct influence over the design and implementation. You will keep abreast of the latest technologies and work collaboratively with experts in a variety of knowledge areas to develop and maintain a robust, reliable, high-performance foundation that scales to meet RIT's needs.
You're a perfect fit if
- You bring a versatile skill set to the table - your success is how you use those skills to complete your goals and collaborate with others to complete theirs
- You're in it for the team - whether that means resolving a customer ticket or upgrading our border routers - you're game
- Deploying and managing switches, routers, wireless controllers, etc. is old hat for you
- Talking directly to customers is critical for your success
- Working with and educating students sounds interesting to you
- You know what you don't know and are eager to learn
- 47,000 wired ports across
- 1000+ edge switches across 280 network closets in 181 buildings
- ~8000 access points supporting 38,000 concurrent wireless users
- 100Gbps fiber optic backbone to all network closet/server locations
- Geographically diverse and resilient internet paths
About Information Technology Services (ITS)
As part of the ITS job family, this position is primarily responsible for partnering with the university to advance the RIT vision by providing reliable, secure, and innovative information technology services and solutions. Responsibilities include analysis of IT solutions and services, development and deployment of IT solutions and services, maintenance and support of IT solutions and services, effective alignment of IT solutions and services to functional business needs, and/or strategic alignment of IT and business.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2 to 4 years of hands on experience in analysis, evaluation, design, implementation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance and support of major complex enterprise network solutions
- 1 to 2 years of experience in DDI technology
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and sit/stand/walk for extended period
- Intermediate/practical knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relative to network fundamentals including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Intermediate/practical knowledge understanding of industry best practices, techniques, and standards as it relates to DDI
- Intermediate understanding of Network Services, DNS, DHCP, ISC BIND, NTP and TCP/IP
- Proven experience investigating and diagnosing incidents and problems relating to DDI and related services
- Experience with Bind, Unbound, NSD
- Hands on experience on Infoblox/Efficient IP/NS1
- May have foundational/theoretical knowledge of program or project management
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions with minimal direction and to prioritize across multiple demands in a fluid, ambiguous, and changeable environment
- Proven ability to collaborate with peers across divisional lines to get the right things done
- Manage and maintain a budget for planned and unplanned activities, including preventative maintenance
- Manage contractors and maintain vendor relationships
- Experience participating in large network overhaul projects
- Experience with automation and scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, and/or Ansible
- Cisco CCNA or Juniper JNCIA certification
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: Wage Band: $68800 - $115200
Hourly/Salary Minimum: $68800
Hourly/Salary Maximum: $115200
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For." RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Hourly/Salary Minimum: 68800
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency