This ad is expired.
Coordinator of Technology Training - Essential
About Mills College:
Located in Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a liberal arts college for women and gender non-binary students, with graduate programs for all genders. Consistently ranked one of the top master's universities and one of the best value colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report, Mills also has been named one of the Best Colleges in the nation by The Princeton Review. The Mills experience is distinguished by small, interactive classes, one-on-one attention from exceptional faculty, a culture of creative experimentation, and cutting-edge interdisciplinary learning opportunities which empower students to make a statement in their careers and communities. As one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, we have a strong record of academic success with first-generation students, students of color, Latinx students, LGBTQ students, and other underrepresented students. Mills College has recently become a Hispanic Serving Institution. Applicants with expertise and experience in supporting and promoting success for Latina/o students are encouraged to apply.
Mills College encourages diversity in hiring and particularly welcomes applications and nominations from women, gender non-binary individuals, and minorities. Mills College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty. In so doing, we offer our students not only the opportunity to learn about varied disciplines but to engage with diverse perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. For more information, please visit www.mills.edu.
Reports to: Manager of Technology Support Services
Supervises: Student Workers
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager of Technology Support Services, a Coordinator of Technology Training will co-manage the ITS helpdesk, train faculty and staff, and provide ITS outreach to the Mills community in conjunction with peer Coordinator. Assistance to the Mills community covers a broad range of computer/mobile resources, applications, and services, Mills accounts and resources, as well as general computer use while supporting the ITS department staff and participating in ITS initiatives and projects. This position advances some of the goals set out in the Mills Strategic Plan by ensuring that faculty, staff, and students have access to reliable assistance with computing resources for performing the work of the college.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical support during assigned hours at the Helpdesk station, covering a broad range of computer applications/usage and Mills services; requests and questions will come over the phone, through email, and through in-person interactions.
- Maintain the Helpdesk ticketing system by managing tickets, workflow and overall ITS staff usage.
- Create, maintain, and implement a wide range of in-depth training assistance to the Mills community through employee orientations, group and one-to-one sessions, as well as through digital materials and videos, all with the goal to establish the community's familiarity with Mills resources, services, and ITS policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the development/maintenance of ITS webpages within the Mills College domain, including Training team resources, by working with other ITS teams ensuring information is current and relevant.
- Create and maintain ITS communications, including but not limited to newsletters, forum posts and handouts for community outreach and orientations.
- Under the direction of the Manager of Technology Support Services perform technology purchasing for the ITS department and the greater Mills community, including quoting, price comparisons, order processing, receiving/delivery, and paperwork.
- Maintain purchasing database.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with student employee supervision in coordination with peer Coordinators, and Manager.
- Communicate regularly with the Manager about the status of current project initiatives; obtain guidance and approval as needed.
- Collaborate with peer Coordinator on work assigned by the Manager.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems, participating in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Participate in project planning and review.
- Understand both the training and support teams' technologies and responsibilities in order to back up staff during planned and unplanned outages.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Apple and Windows operating systems as well as a wide range of computer applications, cloud-based resources, computer networking, desktop hardware, and mobile devices.
- Safety policies, practices, procedures and requirements of the department, College, and Illness & Injury Prevention Plan.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective customer service presence and abilities as well as the ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Maintain high personal energy level and a positive attitude, especially during stressful situations.
- Tactful communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical community members.
- Complete verbal and written projects, work under pressure and deadlines, prioritize and handle multiple projects requiring independent execution, follow established principles while working independently
- Verbal, written, and organizational skills.
Education and Training:
- Associate degree
- 1-2 years' experience in computer-related hardware, software, troubleshooting and repair and/or technical customer service.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands:
- A Coordinator will often spend long hours on the computer in order to execute essential job functions as well as additional duties and responsibilities.
- The ITS offices are located in a busy office area; a Coordinator should expect interruptions on a regular basis, meeting with a variety of people, and addressing multiple issues at once.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, as well as dealing with time-sensitive matters, which may cause significant stress.
- Work involves sitting/standing for long hours and using office equipment, while requiring attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; work occasionally requires bending to adjust or work with office equipment; work occasionally requires physical exertion such as lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds.
This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an FTE of 1.0. Hourly rate is $33.00 per hour, and includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, 10 days of vacation for year one, 15 days of vacation for years 2-10, and 22 days of vacation years 10+ plus, 12 sick days and 17 paid holidays (subject to annual review).
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills' non-discrimination policy, please go to https://www.mills.edu/policies/ada-policies/nondiscrimination-statement.php.
All positions are subject to a background check. Prior to the first date of employment, an applicant's background check must be cleared.
Click the "Apply Now" button below and follow instructions to submit the following documents:
- Employee Application
- Cover Letter and
- Contact Information for 3 References
- Writing Samples
Please note that you can only upload 6 "Other" documents. You can consolidate multiple pages/documents into one file upload. The file size limit for each upload is 10Mb.
Review of applicants will begin immediately; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://mills.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=128553&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency