Associate Director, Computer Systems - Financial Aid
University of New Orleans
The University of New Orleans is a welcoming and inclusive university in one of
America’s most diverse and culturally vibrant cities.
The Enrollment Services Department at the University of New Orleans is seeking an experienced professional to be our Associate Director, Computer Systems in our Financial Aid unit.
- Located on the southern shore of Lake Pontchartrain, only 15 minutes from the French Quarter, the University of New Orleans occupies a 195-acre campus in one of the finest residential areas of the city.
- Ranked Top 50 in the Nation for Social Mobility by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Brookings Institution ranked UNO third in the nation for providing equal access to higher education for students from all income levels.
- For years, UNO has appeared on U.S. News & World Report’s least debt list (schools whose graduates have the least amount of debt) among national universities.
UNO Welcomes Job Applicants from Diverse Backgrounds
Founded in 1958, the University of New Orleans was the first integrated university to open in the South. Given its history of educational access for all, UNO is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion - core values that inform all we do.
- This position is responsible for all Information Technology support for the Financial Aid Unit in the Office of Enrollment Services to include working with the Information Technology Department to ensure PeopleSoft (SIS) and Salesforce TargetX (CRM) updates, as needed, and coordinate third-party vendors to provide specific support, as required.
- Leading the technical side of the implementation team for the new, client-server software application. Providing subject matter expertise for the primary set up of all financial aid, scholarship, and veterans services tables, as well as all other related tables in related modules, such as Human Resources, Student Records, Student Finance, and General Ledger modules.
- Act as primary liaison for the interfaces of the new software to related external information systems, such as COD, Common Line, SAIG, and EDExpress. Provide subject matter expertise for the internal interfaces as necessary to bring up the new software, such as interfaces with our existing Student Records, Admissions, and Student Accounting Systems.
- Complete prototyping and testing of the new client-server software. Ensuring complete Title IV regulatory compliance in all new information systems and tables therein. Initiating and maintaining all system production schedules.
- Train staff in the proficient use of all software tools used in Financial Aid. Ensuring the integrity of information systems used in processing of all federal, state, private, and university financial aid programs including grants, loans, jobs, and scholarships, which total over $100 million in annual awards and disbursements.
- Actively collect and use data to make decisions and improve both individual and office performance.
- Develop the required knowledge base to serve as a resource to all students coming to the Student Enrollment Services Center. Actively seek out this knowledge and take advantage of opportunities to grow professionally.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least three years of professional experience in the financial aid industry, federal regulations, and compliance issues.
- Computer systems and/or programming experience, preferably PeopleSoft, Target X, and Workday.
- Broad knowledge of and significant experience with ED related software.
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of regulations governing federal and state aid programs, and experience with U.S. Department of Education electronic processes.
Excellent Employee Benefits Package
Generous vacation and sick leave. Affordable health, dental, and vision insurances. Retirement plan. And more.
To apply, please visit: https://ulsuno.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UniversityOfNewOrleans/details/Associate-Director--Computer-Systems---Financial-Aid_R-001208?locations=2c405185165b01919372af8fb40251d2
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency