Applications Administrator II
Finance & Administration
ITS Infrastructure Applications
Detailed Job Description
- Responsible for the administration, technical deployment, support and maintenance of selected third-party enterprise applications.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of application maintenance, upgrades, and all other associated service overhead for selected third-party enterprise applications.
- Responsible for the completion of service requests and the resolution of incidents associated with selected third-party enterprise applications as assigned.
- Responsible for implementing and administering application security that meets RIT security standards for assigned applications.
- Responsible for understanding the core functionality capabilities of assigned applications and for assisting key business contacts in leveraging this technology to meet the needs of the university.
- Responsible for adhering to best practices as established by the team.
- Responsible for adhering to architectural and operational standards for selected third-party enterprise applications.
- Responsible for collaborating with other areas of ITS on enterprise and departmental projects.
- Responsible for assisting with the support and guidance of other application administration team members as appropriate.
- Responsible for participating in the evaluation and selection process for enterprise applications. This includes development of technical requirements and application assessments.
- Responsible for understanding and following information security best practices, university policies, and information security standards impacting this role including use of any tools, technologies, services, and processes required to protect the university's information assets.
- Work collaboratively to identify, communicate, and where appropriate, manage or remediate risks and information security vulnerabilities.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) is committed to serving the university's information technology needs. We provide development, maintenance, and support for centralized administrative applications, technology infrastructure, and client computing, as well as support and advice for a wide variety of other information technology needs.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in structured systems analysis, design, development, and implementation including the utilization of formal SDLC methodologies.
- 2-4 years of progressive and hands-on experience in designing, developing and deploying successful applications solutions that meet business needs.
- 2-4 years of experience in the installation, operation and integration of business applications.
- 2-3 years of experience with participating in external vendor relationships, primarily related to the support and maintenance of business applications.
- 1-2 years of experience in the design of technical architecture to support business applications is required.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch, and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator and/or Certified Implementation Specialist CSM
- Experience with a variety of ServiceNow platform products (ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, GRC, Security Operations, CSM, Scoped/Custom Applications)
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and make effective decisions
- ITIL Foundations Certification (v3 or v4)
- Experience and understanding of the higher education environment
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: Wage Band: 121A
Required Application Documents
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the "Great Colleges to Work For." RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency