Application Software Developer
Job Code: 4822
Job Grade: J
Stanford's University Information Technology (UIT) organization services diverse clientele from various university business units and schools. We are a hub of business analysts, developers, testers and architects who design and build applications to support core functions of the University.
We are looking for a passionate developer to join our group in Research Administration & Middleware Services (RAMS) which is nestled within Enterprise Technology (ET) under University IT(UIT). RAMS is responsible for software solutions and services that are used by the research & campus community apart from University business systems to manage enterprise data about people, organizations, courses, their workgroups. Research proposals and authority over systems and data. The group manages a set of central Registries, develops and supports a suite of Java and Oracle APEX applications, supporting background processes that facilitate enterprise integration.
The position requires a solid background in Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Application Express - APEX and Java. Knowledge of JMS, Markup and other scripting languages are strongly recommended. The incumbent will work closely with the other System Developers, Analysts, UI Designers, QA and the Deployment and Operations Team to successfully design, develop and deploy software applications. A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record of working on mission-critical applications, delivering quality solutions and providing high value to customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into the computing environment.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience - Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Proficient in Java, Oracle JMS with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience with developing and deploying applications in Oracle APEX
- Experience with working on Oracle databases
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Spring
- Experience with building web services using REST
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with continuous integration
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience with structured team development projects.
Certifications and Licenses
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency