Academic Support Technician
We are searching for an experienced Academic Support Technician at our 63rd St Operations facility.
Position Title: Technician, Academic Support
Department/Program: IT 63300
Work Location: 63rd St Operations
Reports to: Director, IT & IS
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly
FTE: 100% (40 hrs/week)
Type of Employment: Regular/FT (30+ hrs/week)
DEI Tier: Tier II
Hiring Pay Range: Up to $23.24/hour DOE
The Academic Support Technician has an integral role within the Information Technology department at the university. The position primarily supports faculty, staff, and student use of computer equipment in technology-equipped classrooms and computer labs as well as serving the role of PC technician within the University.
1. Setup, configure, and maintain computer systems and other computer related equipment within classrooms and computer labs.
2. Manage and troubleshoot hybrid learning environment in which some students are remotely learning live in a Naropa classroom through Zoom.
3. Maintain and support audio and visual components of Naropa's classrooms including projectors, computers, speakers, and cameras.
4. Train and educate faculty, students, and staff in all hardware and software that Naropa supports.
5. Become familiar with all academic hardware and software and troubleshoot problems.
6. Create, update, and resolve helpdesk tickets and work on issues that pertain to the equipment and services that Naropa supports and maintains.
7. Make recommendations and implement changes that will ensure a high quality of service.
8. Responsible for the ordering, scheduling, and installation of all classroom and computer lab equipment in accordance with Naropa's lifecycle replacement guidelines.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
2. Experience with computer hardware and software installations and troubleshooting.
3. 2+ years of experience in an information technology role.
4. Highly proficient with Windows operating systems (Windows 10 in particular).
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with a diverse community.
6. Excellent written and verbal skills.
7. Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
1. Prior experience with multimedia technologies.
2. Proficiency with macOS.
3. Experience with Virtual Machine environments (VMware).
4. Experience with MS Office suite of applications (Excel, Outlook, and Word in particular).
5. Experience with network architecture including connectivity, troubleshooting, and wireless.
6. Experience with Mobile device operating systems (Google Android and Apple iOS).
7. Experience with Computer Hardware and Electronics.
General Supervision: The supervisor provides continuing or individual assignments by indicating generally what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Additional, specific instructions are given for new, difficult, or unusual assignments. The employee uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments. The supervisor assures that the work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
Applications: The application is open until filled. Qualified candidates should apply online and include a CV/resume and an academic writing sample.
Naropa University does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, skin color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military/veteran status, or any other status protected under federal and state law.
Naropa's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion aligns with its highest aspirations to apply contemplative inquiry and education to explore and embody the human qualities that facilitate collaboration to create a common humanity and a just society. Individuals who have experience with and a commitment to inclusive communities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency